MasterCard Director, Risk Frameworks and Governance in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Risk Frameworks and Governance
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team is looking for a Director, Risk Frameworks and Governance will drive core elements of Mastercard’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework including: risk management policy; risk data aggregation and reporting; and risk governance, in support for the Company’s Risk Management Committee and key Board Committees.
The Director, Risk Frameworks & Governance will be responsible for:
Framework & Policy:
• Maintenance of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Policy and framework, articulating Mastercard’s overall approach to risk oversight, governance, and risk assessment
• Driving adoption of ERM Policy and risk management framework across 3 lines of defense
• Driving and maintaining the Company’s risk taxonomy, incorporating outputs from Mastercard’s risk identification and risk assessment processes
• Development and maintenance of Risk Management Procedures underpinning the ERM policy, including, for example the Company’s approach to the management of risk appetite.
• Developing and delivering training to key stakeholders in the businesses and functions on core elements of the risk management framework and material updates to ERM policies and procedures
• Leading risk harmonization workshops / efforts across the first and second line of defense to continue to strengthen risk culture, and further embed core roles and responsibilities within the risk management framework.
Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting
• Leading migration of enterprise risk data from existing risk management tool into a best in class GRC tool to support risk management and risk aggregation efforts across the Company
• Developing and providing training to risk practitioners in the businesses and functions on the GRC tool
• Performing risk aggregation and monitoring on enterprise risks across the Company
• Analysis of business unit and enterprise risk data, identifying key trends, themes and / or emerging risk areas
• Working with risk owners across the first and second line of defense to identify, track, mitigate and report risks in their areas of responsibility
• Developing and performing reporting on key risks for the Company’s Risk Management Committee and relevant Board Committees.
• Support the Corporate Treasurer and Head, ERM to manage the Company’s Risk Management Committee and relevant Board Committees by working with senior executives to shape agenda and content for risk committee discussions
• Review and challenge risk presentations with senior management to support governance committee mandate to drive strategic decisioning
• Drive resolution to outstanding actions arising from the governance forums
• Ensure compliance with the Committee’s charter and make recommendations for Committee effectiveness.
• Support management of agenda for Risk Champion Community and Risk Program Lead meetings
All About You:
• Risk management experience in a large multinational with a mature ERM program
• Knowledge of risk management practices (e.g., ERM, ORM, technology)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels including outside his/ her
• Experience in partnering with executive management
• Articulate and highly effective communicator (written, oral, presentation)
• Demonstrated success in applying risk management to support the business / strategy
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Keen attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure, in sometimes ambiguous circumstances
• Understands and appreciates diverse backgrounds
• Knowledge of the payments industry and products, competitive environment, consumer trends, and economic environment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122839