MasterCard Director, Risk Assessment in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Risk Assessment
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team is looking for a Director, Risk Assessment to facilitate Business Unit Risk Assessments across the Company, partnering with risk practitioners and other key stakeholders in all businesses and functions. The role will also work across businesses and functions to define and monitor risk appetite exposure in alignment with Mastercard’s Risk Appetite framework.
The Director, Risk Assessment will be responsible for:
• Supporting development of methodology and procedures for the periodic risk assessment of corporate and business unit risks across the Company
• Engaging with Business Unit Risk Champions and Risk Program Leads to provide support and facilitation to risk assessment activities, e.g. risk workshops, executive interviews, etc.
• Aggregation and analysis of Business Unit and 2nd LOD Risk heatmaps to support enterprise-wide risk mitigation strategies
• Assessing level of treatment and controls for enterprise risks and opining on the adequacy of treatment plans
• Supporting identification and assessment of emerging and evolving risks
• Maintenance of the Enterprise Risk Management Corporate heatmap
• Risk reporting on Enterprise-wide risks to the Company’s Risk Management Committee and relevant Board Committees.
Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting
• Leading migration of enterprise risk data from existing risk management tool into a best in class GRC tool to support risk management and risk aggregation efforts across the Company
• Developing and providing training to risk practitioners in the businesses and functions on the GRC tool
• Performing risk aggregation and monitoring on enterprise risks across the Company
• Analysis of business unit and enterprise risk data, identifying key trends, themes and / or emerging risk areas
• Working with risk owners across the first and second line of defense to identify, track, mitigate and report risks in their areas of responsibility
• Developing and performing reporting on key risks for the Company’s Risk Management Committee and relevant Board Committees.
All About You:
• Risk management experience in a large multinational with a mature ERM program
• Knowledge of risk management practices (e.g., ERM, ORM, technology)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels including outside his/ her
• Experience in partnering with executive management
• Articulate and highly effective communicator (written, oral, presentation)
• Demonstrated success in applying risk management to support the business / strategy
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Keen attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure, in sometimes ambiguous circumstances
• Understands and appreciates diverse backgrounds
• Knowledge of the payments industry and products, competitive environment, consumer trends, and economic environment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142782