MasterCard Director, Product Specialist - Issuers, North America in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Specialist - Issuers, North America
The Digital Product Specialist team’s mission is to bring more secure payments solutions, with optimal user experience, to consumers by scaling our Digital Payments products with our Mastercard’s partners across the payments ecosystem in the US. Our team is a dynamic group passionate about all things digital, and responsible for educating Managed Customers on our products, determining how they can help Customers meet their own digital objectives, and working closely with Customers, Customer Account Managers (CAMs), Product and US Customer Delivery teams to move to implementation commitments and kickoff. We are also responsible for bringing Voice of Customer feedback into our product organization and executives, to inform our product design and Go To Market strategy and ensure the easiest possible implementation with our customers.
The role of Director, Product Specialist – Issuers is critical to meeting NAM Digital Payments business objectives and KPIs through partnerships with regional and strategic issuers.
• Responsible for improving the user experience and security of digital payments through scaling of Digital Payments products with issuers, including Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) device and remote commerce programs, Click to Pay, and Token Connect. Engagement includes identifying Customers’ digital needs and objectives, and leading discussions focusing on thought leadership, market trends and Mastercard product offerings which will address these needs.
• Serve as “digital storyteller” in a way that compels product colleagues, CAMs and external Customers to value partnering with Mastercard, working with product and UX teams to illustrate this vision.
• Lead the pre-implementation process with cross-functional stakeholders and Customers, and ensure seamless transition with USPD for committed implementations. Serve as a point of escalation for Customer production issues to ensure timely resolution, as needed.
• Encourage, collect and channel feedback from internal and external customers into the NAM product org, and ensure that this feedback is reviewed and considered in our product design processes.
• Serve as a champion of Mastercard’s digital payments initiatives in internal and external forums for CAMs and Customers.
• Ensure the fostering of regular dialogue with CAMs and Customers on digital initiatives to build trust and value with stakeholders.
• Provide thought leadership and support to CAMs on terms for our products to be included in Customer Agreements.
• Accountable for partner-focused NAM Digital Payments acceptance KPIs; for example, number of issuers supporting Click to Pay enrollment solutions, and MDES approval rates.
All About You:
• Strong and driven individual performer and a proactive collaborator and leader who makes informed independent decisions as well as seeks input from and support of colleagues and stakeholders.
• Experience in relationship management or in working directly with external customers.
• Perseverant and curious, with a desire and ability to remove blockers in order to achieve a common goal.
• Significant payments experience and knowledge of how digital payments products are integrated between ecosystem partners, with a track record of successful product roadmap and solution development with partners in this space. Passionate and knowledgeable about technology, innovation, payments and digital commerce.
• Adept at ”knowing the audience” and adapting narrative to stakeholders in a way that creates alignment and progress.
• Affinity for receiving and processing feedback in a way that provides Voice of Customer insight and serves to contribute to our product design and Go To Market processes.
• Enjoys the journey of engaging in complex, cross-collaborative challenges.
• Highly developed and effective communication skills and executive presence.
• Excellent presentation/communication skills
• • Location: New York, NY or Purchase. NY
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138969