MasterCard Director, Product Management in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management
• Mastercard Send™ enables near real-time payment transfers to and from billions of card, bank and digital accounts globally. Through a connection to Mastercard Send, businesses, merchants, governments, humanitarian organizations, financial institutions and others can send money to consumers and businesses domestically and cross-border. Mastercard Send supports multiple use cases, including person-to-person (P2P) transfers, business-to-consumers (B2C) disbursements and government-to-consumer (G2C) disbursements. With our technology and expertise, we are making sending and receiving money safe, simple and fast.
• The Director, Product Management is a member of the global Mastercard Send team. This position will play a critical role in unlocking and accelerating commercial opportunities in markets with the potential to drive the next wave of growth for Mastercard Send. The goal of these activities is to capitalize on near- and mid-term product and commercial opportunities. Key responsibilities include advocating and championing Mastercard Send to internal and external stakeholders; identifying high-potential markets; assessing enabling and limiting market conditions (and strategies/tactics to address); driving product strategy and developing value propositions and go-to-market approaches; and, advising and supporting sales and business development teams as they build pipelines of actionable commercial opportunities.
• In collaboration with global, regional and market stakeholders, create a short-list set of markets with potential to drive the next wave of Mastercard Send growth; leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to underpin recommendations
• Build alignment with key stakeholders for acceleration work and help establish cross-functional “acceleration teams” to assess and to tackle opportunities in target markets.
• Rapidly but thoroughly assess markets conditions in target countries to contextualize opportunities and challenges; analysis will include evaluation of competitive and regulatory landscapes and customer/consumer segments (e.g., pain points, needs, etc.).
• Map market conditions to Mastercard Send capabilities to identify buckets of near- and mid-term commercial opportunities; size markets, flows and use cases.
• Evaluate Mastercard Send’s competitive positioning and develop market approaches; focus on market differentiating strategies (e.g., product, sales, pricing) to tackle unique market conditions and to capitalize on strategic and market-making customers.
• Liaise directly with regional and market teams to solicit and leverage market feedback to build value propositions; solution at market- and customer-levels to ensure product fit and relevancy of approach.
• Support business development and sales colleagues to identify effective distribution/sales channels and to build sales pipeline of actionable opportunities.
• Identify, evaluate and prioritize business cases for new business and product opportunities to drive Mastercard Send’s footprint and competitiveness.
• As needed, work with technology, legal, regulatory, pricing, and franchise teams to trouble shoot issues and to explore opportunities to increase speed-to-market.
• Lead broad commercialization initiatives, including establishing go-to-market approach and key performance indicators for Mastercard Send in target markets, setting objectives in partnership with regions/markets, and driving commercial plans to ensure success.
• Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership at global, regional, market levels.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders to develop and syndicate methodologies and templates to streamline market evaluation and Go-to-Market approaches across the globe.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure successful project execution.
• Reports to Vice President, Product Management.
• Location: New York, NY or Purchase, NY.
All About You
• Experience setting direction for go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors.
• Experience translating and applying customer feedback to develop product strategies and offerings.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage projects, establish priorities and self-motivate.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders over cross-functional teams.
• Experience working and building relationships with colleagues from multiple countries or markets.
• Ability to assess and to work with both qualitative and quantitative data.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to think strategically and translate concepts into clear, actionable strategies and tactics.
• Superior communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
• Experience conducting market sizing, building business cases, developing go-to-market strategies, and creating pricing strategies a plus.
• Experience in business development, sales or consulting a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132668