MasterCard Director, Product Management, Digital Micropayments in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, Digital Micropayments
Mastercard is a global technology company. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making payment and data transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
As part of the Digital Consumer Products group, our objective it to build greater consumer relevance and increased brand preference among consumers, customers and partners and align the broader organization on how we can approach the consumer and win. We do this by being consumer centric for our products and services and being relevant in all consumer money flows. Small Ticket Payments (STP) represents 25% of Mastercard overall revenue and is one of the fastest growing segments at Mastercard.
Within STP, Digital Micropayments is expected to grow by 6x in the next 5 years, being the entry point of flows adding up to $500B in volumes (online gaming, social tipping, apps, music streaming, etc.). We are looking for an individual to be responsible for designing and executing the strategic plans for digital micropayments and the fast-growing creator economy – by aligning our strategy with the needs of the market, anchor merchants, technology partners and the end consumer while driving revenue.
The individual will lead the go-to-market process for digital micropayment and creator economy solutions. In partnership with the broader digital micropayments team, the candidate will upgrade the business model and launch a robust go-to-market approach targeting digital players like Google, Apple, and other fast-growing players. The successful candidate for the role will identify key areas of opportunity, determine prioritization, and leverage internal & external stakeholders to build and deliver new solutions with compelling value propositions that will enable capturing of these flows at Mastercard.
• Continually monitor the market landscape to get a view of competitive solutions and opportunities, as well as provide thought-leadership and market insights to support customers and guide product roadmap
• Partner with digital partnerships and regional product teams to define and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
• Lead the creator economy vertical (eg: Twitch, Twitter, Clubhouse, YouTube) by mapping the opportunity, understanding segment needs, and defining the optimal go-to-market solution and strategy.
• Integrate go-to-market plans with other digital, D&S, and C&I assets
• Work closely with the broader team on the required update of Mastercard rules and Mastercard economics (Pricing & Interchange) to fit the unique needs of digital micropayments.
• Support proper tracking of performance against STP goals and guide senior management on underlying drivers and consumer behavior while managing budgets
• Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence various teams at global and local level, like Market Development & account Mgmt, CX, Marketing, Product, C&I, D&S and Finance
ALL ABOUT YOU
The candidate should demonstrate:
• Passion for innovation and good understanding of the digital and creator economy landscape
• Experience of developing and driving end to end execution of initiatives – particularly in a cross-functional environment, managing and prioritizing competing initiatives
• Sound business judgment with established strategic/conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills to ideate, design and deliver on vertical solutions
• Experience of defining and managing go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
• Strong communication & influencing skills to work with internal and external stakeholders, with ability to clearly articulate problem statements and opportunity areas
• Strong understanding of the Mastercard products & services and key revenue drivers
• Excellent project management and execution skills, with strong problem solving, highly analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
• High energy, enthusiasm, and maturity to drive the STP priority forward and be a mentor for junior associates on the team
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144522