MasterCard Director, Product Management, Advisors in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, Advisors
MasterCard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
MasterCard Data & Services is seeking an accomplished Product Manager to support the evolution of its Mastercard Intelligence Center product. Mastercard Intelligence Center is at the heart of a world-class analytics eco-system built on a universe of behavioral data. It helps everyday business users to make smarter data-driven decisions which move the needle on business performance. Our Product Managers are listening to our customers and driving new innovations in self-service analytics and diagnostics.
Product Managers in Data & Services at Mastercard
• Translate a deep understanding of our customers into products and solutions that drive significant customer value
• Balance the long-term direction of a product with today’s needs and constraints by fully understanding the technical, competitive, and commercial contexts of our products
• Act as connectors to ensure the commercial success of our products by working with Sales and Marketing while ensuring technical success through close partnership with Technology teams
• Drive globally-relevant solutions by understanding regional needs and tradeoffs, and build scalable products that serve an array of customer segments
• Set product direction with coordination, not isolation—taking into account how our products all work together to serve customer needs
• Guide group of Product Managers and Designers through the product development lifecycle
• Prioritize development efforts as they align against product strategy
• Design and conduct user research, including customer interviews, in order to deepen understanding of customers’ pain points, motivations and opportunities
• Ensure consistent alignment between business priorities and development objectives
• Oversee timely and high-quality execution of creation of technical requirements
• Build strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to achieve product goals
• Mentor, develop, and foster the skills and career path for a team of junior product managers
All About You
• Agile product management experience in analytical products and business intelligence solutions.
• Experience in managing analytical solutions designed for payments or a related financial services sectors preferred.
• Analytical, solutions-oriented skillset with the ability to drive thought leadership.
• Analytical expertise required
• Experience designing, executing and distilling user research to drive value for the customer, an outstanding user experience and stickiness
• Keen understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends in the self-service analytics space, and the ability to translate that understanding into meaningful actions and enhancements
• Proven track record collaborating in cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding products and features
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interface with clients
• Highly organized and able to deal with multiple and competing priorities
• Knowledge and skills using product management tools, (e.g. market and product plans, project timelines, marketing research, pricing, business case development)
• Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant experience
• Technical background (e.g. Computer Science or related field) a plus
• Advanced degree is helpful
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122380