MasterCard Director, Product Development & Innovation, Mastercard Send in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development & Innovation, Mastercard Send
Director - Product Development and Innovation
Director of Mastercard Send Product Development & Innovation
Mastercard Send is a real-time payment solution that enables fast and secure payment transfers to and from billions of card, bank, and digital accounts around the world, domestic and cross border. Through a single connection to Mastercard Send, businesses, merchants, governments, humanitarian organizations, financial institutions and others can send money to consumers and small businesses domestically and cross border. The service supports multiple use cases, e.g., person-to-person, business to business, disbursements, remittances and merchant payments.
Scope of the job:
The Director, product development and innovation will be responsible for executing on Send platform innovation agenda. The director will engage with regional teams, strategic customers, vendors, global product and user experience teams to build out the construct for new product ideas, design scalable solutions and support strategic/pilot customers through launch.
Key responsibilities include:
• Partner with stakeholders in global product and regions to analyze different markets, segments to understand the gaps in our product set and develop products and solutions to meet market demand.
• Create or manage the development of prototypes and POCs engaging with Vendors and Mastercard Labs organization that allow Mastercard Send product team to validate new ideas/solutions and collect customer feedback.
• Work closely with regional partners and commercialization teams on concept assessment and formulate approaches to the problems that can then be vetted with the broader Send team. Inform the product roadmap of Mastercard Send by articulating the solutions before product development is engaged on a project.
• Actively partner with other product functions across Digital, Core, Cyber and Intelligence teams to integrate activities and co-create solutions.
• Deliver services to the market which will allow Send to scale across multiple use cases and geographies with new and existing customers.
• Lead the design of the Next Generation of Send with a set of cross-functional teams (e.g. Financial Crimes solutions, Core, Next Edge, Open Banking ) which would advance the flexibility, security and scale of Send allowing for the product to continue to grow while gaining competitive advantage.
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision; proactive self-starter seeking initiatives to advance
• Deep experience in translating and applying customer feedback to designing solutions
• Experience with diverse markets and use cases in the funds transfer space
• Solid understanding of the payment space
• Strong strategic thinking across technology and business with strong execution track record
• Knowledge of fraud tools, real time payment systems, processing platforms, Open Banking, data science and analytics is a plus
• Superior communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence executive management, internal constituents, and senior level customer contacts
• Track record of driving strategic alignment with stakeholders
• Excellent Problem-Solving skills - pursues alternative ways to solve client problems, address difficult situations, and produce actionable recommendations
• Exhibits tenacity, encourages healthy debate, and challenges conventional thinking
• BS in Science/Engineering
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline desired
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131538