MasterCard Director, Privacy Engineer - Cyber & Intelligence in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Privacy Engineer - Cyber & Intelligence
• Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting individual privacy and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of our business strategy. As part of that commitment, Mastercard has established a world-class privacy program and is adding talent to our global team.
• The Privacy Engineer will assist privacy attorneys and take responsibility in ensuring compliance with global privacy and data protection laws and other laws relating to data, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and the Brazil General Data Protection Act (“LGPD”), while enabling data-driven innovation across multiple business lines.
• The Privacy Engineer ensures that thorough privacy engineering review is carried out as part of Mastercard’s Privacy by Design process and is responsible for driving privacy tools and technology development, including implementation of new privacy requirements/controls.
• The position requires a strong understanding of the complex data and privacy landscape and ability to develop creative solutions to ensure compliance with all privacy and data protection laws globally. In addition, the Privacy Engineer must have an affinity for and good understanding of individuals’ data privacy rights and expectations, while having a process-driven attitude and ability to communicate with stakeholders globally.
• The position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions, and will be a member of the Global Privacy & Data Protection team.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to think and act strategically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives.
• Conduct the technical review of Cyber & Intelligence Solutions during the Privacy by Design process, including advising on the privacy impact of emerging areas such as biometrics, artificial intelligence, identity verification, fraud prevention, and data analytics.
• Engage directly with the business and technical teams on privacy engineering review, early and often, throughout Mastercard’s product development framework and product life cycle.
• Guide business units on the preparation of technical privacy requirements and detailed data flows, layering in privacy questions, risks, and proposed controls to the documentation.
• Work with privacy attorneys to identify individuals’ rights under global privacy and data protection laws and drive platform enhancements in alignment with Mastercard's Global Privacy Program and Data Responsibility Principles, specifically as it relates to Mastercard’s My Data portal, consent management tools, and other privacy platforms.
• Partner with business and technology teams by driving implementation of legal and technical infrastructure requirements and establishing appropriate controls to enable privacy compliance across Mastercard Cyber and Intelligence Solutions.
• Review and organize all technical and engineering information required for Data Protection Impact Assessments in our privacy tools, anticipating the questions of privacy attorneys related to the engineering of proposed products and services.
• Assist privacy attorneys with ensuring the integrity of Mastercard data environments from a legal perspective, including reviewing data flows, recommending privacy controls to prevent re-identification, and approving the ingress/egress of data from anonymized environments.
• Evaluate market and privacy technology trends and evolutions and research privacy-enhancing technologies and assist with proof of concept projects and validation of privacy controls.
• Educate privacy attorneys, business teams, and technical teams on advanced privacy engineering requirements and develop and create guidelines to streamline Privacy by Design and other processes.
• Collaborate with privacy attorneys to select appropriate data protection terms in agreements.
All About You:
• Strong command of technology, software, analytics, and/or engineering, including software development, e.g. technical use, administration, development, design, and architecture of IT technology, data management, and data integration processes.
• Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field preferred.
• Experience building products and services with an existing, sample portfolio of written product summaries, detailed data flows, and/or similar documents.
• Demonstrated interest in privacy and/or corporate security (completion of IAPP courses, CIPM/CIPT/CISSP certifications, or familiarity with privacy principles that are common across global laws and regulations).
• Familiarity with Privacy by Design methodologies.
• Strong writing skills and ability to simplify technical material for other audiences, including business teams, legal departments, regulators, etc.
• Deep understanding of Mastercard Cyber & Intelligence Solutions or biometrics and identity verification technologies in general.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Westchester County Salary Range: $158,000 - $244,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-175404