MasterCard Director, Planning and Operations, Sustainability & Center for Inclusive Growth in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Planning and Operations, Sustainability & Center for Inclusive Growth
At Mastercard, we are focused on building an inclusive, sustainable digital economy, where everyone has an opportunity to reach their potential. We see firsthand how our commitment to environmental and social responsibility - and our core value of operating ethically and responsibly and with decency - is directly connected to our continuing success as a business. We recognize that Mastercard cannot succeed in a failing world. We thrive when economies thrive, and a successful economy is sustainable only when it is inclusive and when prosperity is shared.
Our teams within Mastercard:
The Center for Inclusive Growth is the philanthropic hub at Mastercard. The organization seeks to ensure that the benefits of an expanding economy accrue to all segments of society. Through research, impact data science, programs and strategic engagement, the Center addresses the dual challenges of income and information inequality to advance equitable and sustainable economic growth and financial inclusion around the world.
The Sustainability team oversees execution of Mastercard’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy. In partnership with Mastercard’s businesses, risk functions and operational teams, the Sustainability team drives development of the company’s environmental stewardship initiatives, ESG disclosures and ratings, engagement with key clients, investors and stakeholders, management of sustainability-related reputational risks and other priority efforts.
Together, our work is at the heart of Mastercard’s objective to be a force for good in the world.
The Director of Planning and Operations is responsible for managing operations, reporting and facilitating seamless coordination and alignment across the Sustainability & the Center for Inclusive Growth (CFIG&S) teams. The Director of Planning and Operations is a leader with corporate operations experience and a track record of creative problem-solving and strong project management skills that can excel in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer of Sustainability and the Center for Inclusive Growth.
• Manage cross-functional initiatives and projects with the CFIG&S leadership team
• Coordinate internal and external management reporting (bi-weekly reports, monthly reports, quarterly deep dive, ad hoc leadership updates)
• Track CFIG&S budget spend
• Oversee new hire onboarding processes
• Manage file management operation
• Work across silos to facilitate coordination and efficiency within Sustainability & Center teams.
• Coordinate key processes to ensure alignment of operations to strategy
• Facilitate annual objective-setting process
• Track objectives to ensure they are cascaded to teams and individuals
• Track progress against key objectives on quarterly basis, flagging any issues or escalation points early
• Facilitate annual budget-setting process, and track ongoing budget spend vs. planned
• Produce agendas and notes including decisions and next steps from critical meetings ensuring items are actioned and implemented
• Act as lead in coordinating annual staff retreat
• Act as lead for sourcing to support the team
• Provide various operational support functions
All About You:
• Demonstrated experience executing corporate strategic initiatives and/or business plans
• Experience with measurement, evaluation, and reporting
• Experience managing cross functional, multi stakeholder projects
• Ability to evaluate complex strategic initiatives, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
• Success managing operations for a dynamic, agile team
• Strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
• Acts with urgency; is emotionally intelligent and agile
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility,
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
• Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior management and business partners
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Westchester County Salary Range: $145,000 - $224,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182034