MasterCard Director, Operational Excellence in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Operational Excellence
The Operational Excellence team manages Mastercard’s operational risk management & process improvement program. The team at Mastercard is focused on promoting a multi-disciplinary, integrated approach to improve process efficiency and effectiveness; while identifying and controlling risks.
This role will be responsible for leading, developing, designing and administering Mastercard’s Global Operational Excellence training program to develop our organizational capabilities in Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, Process Performance Measurement, Operational Risk Management and Project Management.
• Create a culture of risk and improvement awareness across the organization by developing and implementing communications and training strategies to drive a strong control environment and accountability for improvement and risk management
• Deliver classroom and remote training for Green Belt, Yellow Belt, Change Management and other related process-related courses based on demand
• Coach Green Belts through project completion and certification
• Facilitate rapid process improvement events
• Manage program, including registration, class and certification logistics, training and coaching resource planning, metrics reporting, project status tracking and maintenance of team website
• Advance, design and develop curriculum for classroom training, e-Learning or blended learning
• Provide business owners with guidance in project selection, identification of process performance metrics, risk and control registry, root cause analysis or data analytics
• Host Global Business Process Excellence Council meetings and special events such as All Stars
• Serve as program ambassador by promoting program and sharing best practices
• Development and management of team KPI/KRI’s
• Lead working projects with stakeholders in achieving enterprise-wide risk objectives
All about You
• Strong leader and strategic thinker
• Coaching, training and leading Lean Six Sigma projects and facilitating process improvement and risk management workshops.
• Certified Black Belt with at least two years’ experience or certified Green Belt with at least five years’ process improvement experience
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
• Problem-solving, analytical and consultative expertise
• Experience managing process improvement projects end-to-end
• Change management at the project or organizational level
• Group facilitation using process tools and techniques
• Self-starter, able to work independently with a sense of urgency
• Strong planning and organizational skills, capable of focusing on multiple priorities and adjusting to changing priorities
• Ability to work effectively with leaders from all levels of the organization, including project sponsors and key stakeholders
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio and Project and SharePoint
• Experience using statistical software such as Minitab
• Familiarity with operational & technology processes, risk management or audit
• Multi-cultural work experience
• Background in financial services or payments industry
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169110