MasterCard Director , Meeting & Travel Services, Corporate Travel, Americas in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director , Meeting & Travel Services, Corporate Travel, Americas
The Meeting & Travel Services team is responsible for managing the Corporate Travel program globally. The Director, Corporate Travel Manager, Americas will focus on operational excellence of the corporate travel management program, as well as provide strategic alignment to MasterCard’s partners in the travel space. Such partners include the global Travel Management Company (TMC), the online booking tool (OBT), airlines, hotels, rental car, ground transportation and other technology. The Director plays a significant financial role, being responsible for oversight of over $80MM in travel expenditures, and the satisfaction of corporate travelers in the Americas.
• Are you on top of the latest trends in travel management and technology and eager to put these in practice?
• Are you keen to push the boundaries of travel program for greater effectiveness and lower costs?
• Designs, implements, and manages the business travel strategy & operations across the Americas.
• Manages and negotiates with the travel management company, online booking tool provider, and other external supplier relationships.
• Works closely with regional peers to select and implement best in class travel booking and management technologies.
• Manages company travel policy and processes.
• Strategically aligns MasterCard’s travel portfolio to support MasterCard partnerships and alliances
• Serves as key resource for knowledge of travel industry and aligns efforts for MasterCard commercial success, including managing obstacles & maintaining leadership alignment.
• Provides excellent leadership and people management to the assigned team to ensure that they perform at their best through motivating and developing them to achieve high performance.
All About You:
• You are an international travel expert: you have substantial experience in travel managing large travel programs, successful deploying travel technology, processes and policies. You are familiar with geographical challenges of travel arrangements and service configuration. You have a keen knowledge of the Americas and the corporate travel industry.
• You are a game changer: You are passionate and embrace new challenges, you display leadership and the ability to drive change through influencing skills to gain cooperation among staff and suppliers. You are resourceful in finding and using alternate solutions or resources.
• You are team-oriented: You synch up with the team, share experience in order to help and you are always open to feedback and different perspectives. You understand that success of the team is a collective effort, not the work of one person.
• You are an effective communicator: You effectively communicate, clearly and concisely through various channels. You know your audience and can advocate to “sell” the travel program’s value proposition.
• You are a vendor manager: You work well outside the company to foster a partnership relationship with vendors and manage vendor performance and development.
• You are educated: You have earned a Bachelor’s degree with concentration in travel/hospitality management , business administration, procurement, or finance.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-88749