MasterCard Director, In Solidarity, Center for Inclusive Growth in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, In Solidarity, Center for Inclusive Growth
In Solidarity is Mastercard’s commitment to help narrow the racial wealth and opportunity gap. This is a company-wide initiative that draws on and leverages the assets from across the company—including our technology, brand, partnerships, products, and services. In Solidarity focused on expanding partnerships, programs and commercial deals focused on increasing access and affordability of financial services, growing black-owned small businesses, supporting the black-founder entrepreneurship ecosystem, working with local cities focused on the wealth gap and increasing the financial security of black households. Internal commitment of multiple teams to help address the wealth and opportunity gap and full engagement of Mastercard employees is an important a key tenant of In Solidarity.
This role is responsible for driving the strategy and overall management of In Solidarity programming. Focused on Mastercard’s commitment to help close the racial wealth and opportunity gap, this role will help coordinate and drive scale amongst the many Mastercard teams working on In Solidarity, with local as well as national partners. Promoting In Solidarity externally will also be key to this role. This will include supporting and working with institutions, stakeholders, customers and the public sector who work with black entrepreneurs, businesses and households. This role is also responsible for ensuring overall success of In Solidarity and efficient running of all programming. A successful candidate will successfully drive standardization across programming, ensure impact with the most efficient use of resources, establish and adhere to a reporting and measurement framework and ensure that In Solidarity internal and external performance targets are met.
This role will be key to the successful running of In Solidarity. It will work across multiple teams, interface with key customers and ensure overall program design, management and scale. It will be responsible for timely reporting and performance of In Solidarity program. Specific tasks include:
• Supporting teams to design and deploy In Solidarity programs that achieve measurable outcomes on a city-level and national level
• Establishing of an impact measurement framework and responsible for consistent tracking of results
• Coordinating across key Mastercard teams including Communications; Marketing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Center for Inclusive Growth
• Ensuring timelines are met, reports are completed, and milestones are met in a timely manner
• Working with high level city officials, business leaders, key stakeholders and Mastercard customers/partners in the design, implementation and execution of In Solidarity programs
• Serving as key point of contact for external partnerships with financial institutions, non-profit entities, private sector organizations, universities and other stakeholders
• Building and nurturing effective relationships with internal business partners across North America, including global teams supporting In Solidarity
All About You:
• Demonstrated experience in program development and implementation of economic and community development efforts across and within multiple sectors (public, private and civil society
• Superior project management and execution skills with strong ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
• Strong relationship management and partnership development skills, with experience working across and with multiple internal/external stakeholders
• Ability to work and prioritize multiple demands simultaneously, and leverage limited resources to get work done
• Flexible and able to adjust to change in response to evolving conditions
• Ability to focus and drive detail while operating within and applying a larger strategic framework
• Strong understanding and ability to utilize information and project management tools (e.g., evaluation tools, dashboards, project management, etc.)
• Effective verbal communications skills and strong writing skills required
• Strong analytical and strategy development skills required
• Understanding of larger technology, social and community/economic development trends
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150582