MasterCard Director, Human Resources Business Partner - North America Markets in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Human Resources Business Partner - North America Markets
Director, People Business Partner – North America Markets
The North America Markets business comprises the broad spectrum of customer-facing and business enabling functions in the United States and Canada, including sales, business development, business strategy and relationship management (with issuers, merchants, governments, fintechs, digital partners, acquirers, etc.), delivery, products & services, finance, legal, and franchise integrity. The North America Markets People & Capability team is responsible for driving the talent strategy in the Region to cultivate a high performance and inclusive culture and impact business performance.
The ideal candidate is someone looking to work with a dynamic, global organization that is a force for good. The key to success in this role is having strong business acumen, future focused mindset and a practical approach to addressing areas of opportunity.
The Director, People Business Partner will independently lead a wide range of HR activities across a diverse portfolio of business lines, including, but not limited to organizational design, talent management, performance management, employee coaching, employee relations, and compensation planning.
• Identifies areas of opportunity and develops solutions to drive talent diversity, employee engagement and high performance
• Partners closely with business leaders to map out and execute HR Strategy
• Partners with COEs, GBSC and other People Business Partners to ensure processes and initiatives are optimally designed and successfully implemented
• Serves as an advocate for employee development and growth, connecting people to priceless possibilities
• Acts as a positive cultural change agent, consultant and business advisor to the leadership team, enabling the execution of their business priorities and objectives
• Partners with finance to manage the budget and forecasting of expenses related to headcount and personnel
All About You
• Diverse HR background in fast paced, matrix environments, working in both HR Business Partner and Center of Excellence capacities
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives exercising sound judgment, solutions orientation and flexibility
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Highly collaborative and team oriented
• Effective presentation and communication skills
• Experience with Workday system a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or certification in HR preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-151387