MasterCard Director, Healthcare Business Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Healthcare Business Development
Director, Healthcare Business Development
The US Market Development group is in place to ensure utilization of Mastercard resources to support achievement of mutual objectives with key accounts, core verticals, acquirers and non-financial organizations.
The USMD purpose is to coordinate and lead cross-organizational efforts to execute against the Mastercard strategy (product, marketing, pricing & interchange, acquirer team, franchise etc.) while being internal and external advocates for the merchant/acquirer stakeholders in assisting to advance Mastercard share and revenue goals.
The healthcare payments vertical is growing in double digits for Mastercard, and is recognized by
executive leadership as a premier growth vertical. The Healthcare Business Development team has the mission to partner with the healthcare ecosystem to address industry pain points such as antiquated payment schemes, security threats, patient collections and patient experience. The current approach is to identify, expand and optimize payment flows and identify new services revenue opportunities for Mastercard within the healthcare industry. This is a dynamic team that moves quickly and modifies approach to market as the healthcare landscape evolves.
The Director, Healthcare Business Development will advance the commercial development and growth of Mastercard payment products and service solutions, e.g., Cyber & Intelligence, Data & Services, digital, etc., within the healthcare ecosystem.
This role will actively collaborate with internal functions including Global Healthcare, sales, product, finance, marketing, issuer and merchant relationship management teams to develop and close opportunities and address customer needs. In addition, this role brings external market trends/opportunities to leaders within Mastercard to influence strategy and product development.
The position reports into the VP, Healthcare Business Development.
• Identify healthcare payment opportunities.
• Develop and manage a sales pipeline with the goal of meeting agreed upon sales goals.
• Participation in cross-functional efforts to enhance healthcare as a defined vertical including regular participation in internal meetings to share insights and industry knowledge.
• Develop partnerships and solutions with external stakeholders serving the healthcare industry with intent to develop and provide turnkey solutions to the market.
• Leverage industry events for active networking and to promote Mastercard’s industry engagement and leadership.
• Develop and deliver customized sales presentations to identified opportunities.
• Develop financial models and business cases for identified opportunities and coordinate contracts from development through execution.
• Communicate and coordinate cross functionally to highlight product innovation needs emerging from discussions with customers and potential customers.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities that provide the best potential for future business growth, an appreciable return on financial investments, based on market and competitive intelligence and analysis.
All About You:
• Significant knowledge of the healthcare industry, e.g., key constituencies, market dynamics, industry pain points and business development opportunities, is critical for success in this role. Direct healthcare industry experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of products, services and solutions within the payments business and ability to identify and address operational challenges is preferred.
• Significant sales experience in the financial services or healthcare with a strong sales achievement track record. Prior sales in healthcare market preferred but not required.
• Expertise developing new business opportunities to large, complex, non-financial institutions utilizing a strategic/consultative-selling/solutions driven approach
• Strong problem solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis and solid business cases and provide recommendations effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment
• Proven capability to network into the c-suites of organizations
• Executive presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization
• Possess strong presentation and financial proposal development/delivery, negotiation and influencing skills
• Results-oriented self-starter able to independently identify/direct activities to manage and complete multiple objectives with a strong sense of urgency.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Position can be located in Purchase, NY, and St. Louis, MO. Location may be flexible for the right
• Travel up to 25% may be required.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138716