MasterCard Director, Financial Planning & Analysis in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
• The Products and Services (P&S) Business Analytics Team (BAT) provides advanced analytics, data extraction and modeling, and business insights to the P&S business verticals
• The Director, FP&A will be part of the BAT, and will be heavily involved in crafting the story and developing the presentation of business strategy and its related financial implications for the P&S business verticals
• The Director will be responsible for partnering with various P&S finance teams to fully understand their partnering needs and for supporting senior Finance leadership and business partners in order to deliver value-added analysis and communication of information
• Are you motivated to be working in a new and exciting part of Mastercard finance?
• Are you interested in senior level executive exposure and understanding P&S strategy and its broader financial implications?
• Do you thrive in a deadline driven environment?
• Do you have an interest in supporting growing global organizations in providing meaningful financial reporting and insights?
• Work with CFO, Data & Services and Enterprise Security Solutions and CFO, Products & Innovation and Marketing & Communications to proactively address opportunities for cross-vertical initiatives, including portfolio optimization, KPI establishment and tracking, CFO Roundtable submission, Quarterly Operating Reviews, etc.
• Develop compelling communication materials of P&S strategies and their resulting financial implications for Finance leadership and business partners
• Engage in projects to enhance the delivery of BAT services to finance business partners and stakeholders in the business verticals through next-level analytics beyond P&Ls
• Identify opportunities for Finance process improvements and create actionable changes to processes and procedures to improve BAT and broader Finance performance
• Drive analysis and provide insights and key findings to BAT leadership and vertical finance business partners
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Advanced analytical and financial skills, with the ability to develop cohesive financial analysis for consumption of Finance leadership and business partners
• Develop and leverage key relationships in order to understand the needs/objectives of stakeholders in order to provide meaningful analysis and presentations
• Takes initiative to improve the existing structure and processes, while providing insights and thought provoking challenges to business partners through strong business acumen
• Experienced in forecasting/budgeting and monitoring actual results
• Heightened sense of urgency
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Succesfully embodies change management
• Experience in leading without authority
• Excels in a deadline driven work environment
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Very strong skills in Hyperion, Excel and Powerpoint required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-77398