MasterCard Director, Employee Relations in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Employee Relations
• Assist in the development and delivery of employee relations strategies, guidelines, and procedures
• Collaborate with senior stakeholders to identify and execute analytics-based solutions for People & Capability and the business
• Utilize sophisticated approaches to gain deeper understanding and insights about what is happening across a range of culture-related, people metrics
• Provide documented data analysis, actionable insight, clarity and commentary using knowledge of People & Capability topics
• Support policy analysis, external benchmarking, and cultural audits
• Investigate and support investigations of employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues across regions
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills which include effective listening, probing, and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data collected and identify root problems and causes
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with the Compliance as needed and required
• Use case management data and other system-generated data to deliver metrics to the business
• Provide and manage periodic reporting to relevant senior stakeholder
• Partner with control functions on relevant investigations, outcomes and reporting
• Establish strong cross-functional relationships at all levels and geographies
• Manage global projects acting as project manager or business analyst as needs arise
All About You
• Bachelors or Masters level degree
• Professional experience in translating ideas into solutions and implementing them efficiently and effectively
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data
• Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey opinions and recommendations both in speaking and writing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect
• Exceptional detail and follow-up skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly storytelling
• Extensive experience using Excel, Access, PowerPoint
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162766