MasterCard Director - Data Strategy in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director - Data Strategy
Business around the world are facing a deluge of data yet often struggle to put in place the right architectures and governance models to leverage that data effectively. If you have a passion for helping clients make the most of their data environments - read on.
As a Senior Managing Consultant in Data & Services, you will lead data strategy engagements across a range of industries. In your role as Delivery lead, you will provide expert advice related to data architecture, data migration and data governance. Your advice will be based on strong technical skills derived from experience developing and executing data strategy in complex environments. As someone with keen problem solving abilities, you can work equally well with clients business leads to develop a data strategy and technical teams to create a feasible execution plan.
Leading the work of the project Delivery team, you will be the primary subject matter expert in all matters related to data strategy. Moreover, you will be responsible for building strong client relationships and identifying growth opportunities for future data strategy engagements. Internally for Mastercard, you will help define the data strategy solutions set and be a mentor to colleagues within Advisors and across Mastercard.
All About You
Bring your Passion and Expertise! We’re are looking for candidate with the following attributes
• Passion: seeks to delivering highest quality recommendations and results in Big Data
• Problem Solving: pursues alternative ways to solve client problems, address difficult situations, and produce actionable recommendations
• Analytic Excellence: demonstrates strong aptitude for fact-based approach and solid quantitative skills
• Communication and Presence: excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Relationship Orientation: builds long-term relationships with clients
Proven senior-level expertise in Data Strategy, Data Architecture, Data Migration, Data Governance, and Data Consumption & Analytics, including
• Understanding of cloud data architecture practices to help organizations define their cloud transformation journeys in Big Data
• Definition of data architecture roadmap; design, build, deploy, and manage data and integration architecture across multiple technology platforms
• Development of data governance frameworks, with deep industry expertise in BCBS 239, GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy regulations
• Understanding of data governance tools & technologies
Experience in managing multiple people across multiple projects
Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required. SQL / data expertise preferred
Undergraduate (graduate preferred) degree
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123857