MasterCard Director - Data Science in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director - Data Science
The Digital Asset Security (DAS) team as part of the Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) Group is managing cutting-edge technology and data analytics to identify Crypto to and from recipients, trace illicit VASPS, and identify High Risk Crypto to prevent fraud and money laundering across our payment network. This role will provide thought leadership and development of complex digital asset security products and solutions using on-chain and off-chain data in the blockchain ecosystem.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
• Utilize the full range of data science based techniques to design and assess the development of new and novel algorithms to optimize digital asset security products.
• Ensure product algorithms are written with repeatable and reproducible code which will become central to the cross-functional technical teams in which you collaborate.
• Act as a subject matter expert in the ability to help us and our clients understand the different criminal behaviors in blockchain data.
• Inform new product opportunities based on the insights derived from the exploratory data analysis and algorithms from you and your team.
• Consider impact of work; privacy, security, and regulation, as well as the performance of your code and the accuracy of your models.
All About You
• You have a broad, cross-functional view of Digital Assets and varying degrees of expertise on strategy, processes, governance and enabling technologies, with a deep understanding of the entire cryptocurrency and blockchain/ecosystem.
• You have strong product/data science skills, excellent business acumen, strategic thinking, and relationship building skills in technology-oriented companies.
• You have a solid development foundation developing highly usable analytics tools
• You are highly self-directed & able to work a project from conception through delivery (e.g., from formulation, execution and evaluation of the research through to development and integration into product) and have:
• Good understanding of the blockchain technical space and data structures, analyzing relevant data structures (i.e., in tabular, or network forms)
• Clear dedication to continuous learning
• Python, Jupyter, Scala, Avro, Spark, Ignite, Kafka, Cassandra, Yugabyte
• Experience in large-scale network analysis, graph database implementation at scale
• Experience in cryptocurrency
• Experience building data pipelines using Spark in Scala, Kafka, Yugabyte, Cassandra
• BS in Computer Science or Math or equivalent experience
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163397