MasterCard Director, Data Glossary Content & Curation in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Data Glossary Content & Curation
Who is MasterCard
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
The Director of Data Glossary Content & Curation is responsible for the content and taxonomy of the enterprise data glossary. This includes curating the data to be included, ensuring the critical data elements are appropriately defined, categorizing and classifying data, applying business term naming and definition standards, facilitating the rationalization of business terms at an enterprise level across business units, and ensuring the glossary is represented accurately within tooling. This individual will serve as the data glossary subject matter lead as Mastercard expands its data management program and strategy within the office of the Chief Data Officer (CDO).
This role is within the Data Management & Strategy team, with reporting structure up to the Chief Data Officer.
• Elicit data glossary content from data subject matter experts and other stakeholders to curate and proof the content to be included in the data glossary, ensuring business terms conform to standards.
• Develop and execute an intake process for glossary onboarding and ensuring updates are accounted for. Manage a work que of requests from data stewards to have business terms reviewed.
• Provide subject matter expertise across concurrent projects and data enablement working groups to ensure data is defined appropriately. Facilitate forums to assess data for criticality and to rationalize business terms at an enterprise level.
• Create and maintain taxonomies associated with the data glossary, organizing the data terms into logical categories that are aligned with other taxonomy and ontology work being driven by the team. Ensure taxonomy structure is represented appropriately in data glossary tools and structured for optimum searchability.
• Work to ensure glossary content is loaded into the enterprise data glossary toolset. Monitor and manage the data glossary content to ensure consistency and quality.
• Working closely with the data glossary business owner and associated communities to author and maintain standards and best practices related to the data glossary, including business term naming and definition standards. Solicit and incorporate continuous feedback from the community and other stakeholders.
• Assist with the development, planning, and delivery of training on the best practices, standards, and tooling related to the glossary to various communities.
• Innovate and participate in identifying and writing requirements for data glossary tooling enhancements.
• Coordinate with Operations & Technology support teams to report, track, and escalate any tool issues or defects impacting the performance or usability of the data glossary tools.
• Participate in the identification and implementation of controls to ensure data glossary integrity. Contribute to process automation and streamlining operational procedures.
• Serve as a data-driven change agent and advocate, persuading and influencing the organization at the grassroots level.
• Partner with other internal teams interested in leveraging the data glossary and taxonomy for their initiates and platforms.
All About You
• Hands-on experience with large-scale or concurrent small to medium scale taxonomy or information architecture projects is required.
• Excellent writing skills, including the ability to concisely and precisely convey information to the intended audience in an easy to understand, unambiguous manner.
• Demonstrated experience in working with data.
• Obsessed with the application of standards that help ensure duplicate glossary terms are not introduced.
• Expertise in establishing strategies, processes, policies and procedures.
• Advanced Excel skills is desirable, intermediate is required at a minimum.
• Experience in writing process workflows is helpful (Visio or other modeling tool).
• Highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to flexibly multi-task between strategy-related work and tactical ‘in the trenches’ work. Ability to produce effective business results while under time pressures.
• Ability to understand and analyze complex information products, systems and processes and to break down complex concepts and vaguely defined problems into simple information to aid organizational understanding and identify common themes.
• Any experience relating to data management and/or data governance including data dictionaries, metadata management solutions, data models, data lineage, data quality, data and analytics solutions, data categorization taxonomy and ontology models, data classification, data integration, masterdata management, and data issue tracking is an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal communication, relationship-building and presentation skills.
• Without direct authority, ability to motivate and influence others to achieve organization goals.
• Experience in the technology and/or finance industries is helpful.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121407