MasterCard Director, Business Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development
Our North America sales organization is seeking to build a diverse strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate on the basis of customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
The Business Development Director will work closely with prospects in the Community Bank and Credit Union community to grow new customer business and MasterCard revenues while meeting strategic objectives. The individual will be responsible for driving new business development in a territory of the United States region, for financial institutions under $10 billion in assets. This team focuses on the delivery of customized payment solutions and comprehensive consulting support, while leveraging Mastercard’s strong brand, technology, operations and risk platforms to deliver bottom line results to Mastercard’s Partners. This includes optimizing existing volume and growing net new volume through selling Value Added Services to Mastercard’s clients.
Implement sales plan designs to include business development, marketing and product management activities with prospects and internal Mastercard contacts to identify new business opportunities and product ideas.
• Develop and execute an individual territory plans for large region that demonstrates the ability to grow business
• Provide consultative industry and Mastercard insights in alignment with segment specialty for assigned territory
• Develop financial modeling and business cases for identified opportunities, as well as coordinate contract development.
• Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing.
• Work closely with a large diverse team to achieve revenue targets and increase market share within a defined territory.
All About You:
• Motivated self-starter, ability to work independently, able to identify and direct activities to achieve objectives
• Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in business management or sales.
• Business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex, competitive sales effort and project management
• Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills and a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126128