MasterCard Director, Business Development, Retail Vertical in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Business Development, Retail Vertical
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. Main client verticals include Financial Institutions, Retail & Commerce and Government.
• Responsible for business development and ongoing account ownership for Data & Services within the retail vertical, with direct revenue and sales responsibilities
• Responsible for driving coordination within Demand Generation, Marketing, Solutions, and Product teams across D&S business lines and value propositions, focused on the above defined client vertical in USA
• Will serve as the face of Mastercard D&S to senior level client stakeholders, including c-suite
• Responsible for setting the C&S commercial agenda for assigned territory
• Will partner with retail segment leads of MA US Market Development to develop a plan for D&S to support their strategic imperatives
• Will work closely with delivery teams for an effective joint go to market and to ensure best-in-class value delivery
All About You
• Deep understanding of the suite of Mastercard Data & Services value propositions for the Retail vertical with thoughtful approach to executing against a defined territory
• Strong commercial drive with ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership and subject matter expertise
• Preferably also with strong consulting and / or data driven solution selling background
• Strong networker across relevant stakeholder base with the ability to listen, build common ground and influence in order to effectively advance business opportunities and generate revenues
Internally, this role is referred to as Sr. Managing Consultant, Business Development
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85608