MasterCard Director, Bill Pay Partnership Development in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Bill Pay Partnership Development
As Mastercard seeks to define a world beyond cash, we are pursuing payment opportunities leveraging non-card technologies. Mastercard’s acquisition of Vocalink adds Real-Time Payments (RTP) to our solution set, allowing us to capture new segments of cash, check and ACH payments for the network. The largest identified opportunity for Mastercard in the U.S. is in revolutionizing consumer bill pay. The current consumer bill pay experience is cumbersome, costly, slow and fragmented. By combining our RTP assets with our existing biller network, RPPS, we can bring a solution to market that improves this outdated ecosystem for all parties involved. To win in the market, we will also leverage our strengths in brand, standards, consistency, trust and security.
To accomplish this, we must build a world-class bill pay product. We will engage key external partners in our new biller network, including the largest US banks and bill service providers. This customer-focused leader will work closely with our counterparts in the US Region (Sales and Account teams) to enlist banks, billers and their service providers to join the Mastercard Biller Network. This role will be responsible for adding new partners to the network to enable our launch in 2019.
We are looking for an experienced payments professional to lead partnership development efforts in collaboration with Mastercard’s US customer account managers and their respective customers.
Consults with US customer account managers and their respective customers and prospects to develop optimal strategies and approaches to onboard partners (banks, credit unions, and processors) to grow our bill pay exchange network.
Key activities include:
• Identify targets
• Develop strategy and execution for the most significant/complex opportunities, including proposal development, negotiation of business and financial terms and closing of deals.
• Work with cross-functional partners to commercialize the product including building sales collateral, developing pricing and contracts and other go-to-market activities.
• Liaise with global and regional counterparts to develop bill pay exchange product, providing voice-of-the-customer feedback and marketplace insights.
• Works with the customer account management teams in the qualification and prioritization of pipeline and cross-sell opportunities targeting largest bank and biller opportunities
• Partner with NAM Marketing team to develop sales collateral and customer-facing messaging to promote our new bill pay network.
• Liaises with bank customers, account teams and Global product teams to share voice-of-customer feedback on required/desired functionality for NAM customers
• Consults with the clients/prospects to assess complex and highest value business opportunities
• Completes diagnosis of client's current business situation and related requirements through data gathering, customer collaboration, research, tools development and business case modeling.
All About You:
• Customer Focus
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Experience in technical sales or a product manager for a complex payments product or service
• Experience in retail banking, payments and/or billing; or selling to those segments
• Worked closely with retail banks, treasury management organizations, Fintech’s, bill presentment companies
• Familiar with accounts receivable environments and/or retail banking
• Comfortable interacting with and experienced at influencing all levels of bank management to advance sales discussions
• Bachelor's degree
• Travel required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-87492