MasterCard Director, Bill Pay Digital Partnership Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Bill Pay Digital Partnership Development
As Mastercard seeks to define a world beyond cash, we are pursuing payment opportunities leveraging non-card technologies. Mastercard’s acquisition of Vocalink adds Real-Time Payments (RTP) to our solution set, allowing us to capture new segments of cash, check and ACH payments for the network. The largest identified opportunity for Mastercard in the U.S. is in revolutionizing consumer bill pay. The current consumer bill pay experience is cumbersome, costly, slow and fragmented. By combining our RTP assets with our existing biller directory and bill pay capability RPPS (Remote Payment and Presentment System), we can bring a solution to market that improves this outdated ecosystem for all parties involved. To win in the market, we will also leverage our strengths in brand, standards, consistency, trust and security.
To accomplish this, we are building a world-class bill pay product and network, known as Bill Pay Exchange. We are engaging key external partners to build out an ecosystem of players, including the largest US consumer banks, processors, billers, billing service providers and treasury banks. We launched with a ‘Friends and Family’ pilot in Q4 of 2019 and are now commercializing and scaling the Bill Pay Exchange.
We are looking for an experienced payments professional to lead product sales efforts. Specifically, this person will be responsible for signing top digital players to the Bill Pay Exchange Network. The individual will work closely with our Sales and Account Management counterparts in the US to enlist digital partners as well as other strategic partners to join the Mastercard Bill Pay Exchange.
Develop targets and sales approach to sign key digital players and other strategic partners in the US. Key activities include the development and execution of sales strategy to sign the most significant digital and strategic opportunities, including proposal development, negotiation of business and financial terms and closing of deals.
• Works independently and with the leaders of customer account management teams, where applicable, in the qualification, prioritization, and advancement of pipeline and cross-sell opportunities.
• Completes strategic market assessments and sizing for target market segments.
• Consults with clients/prospects to assess complexity and highest value business opportunities.
• Completes diagnosis of client's current business situation and related requirements through data gathering, customer collaboration, research, tools development and business case modeling.
• Advances multiple negotiations in parallel, from pre-proposal stages through implementation. Ability to advance discussions and navigate corporate matrices is key.
• Liaises with partners, account teams and product development teams to share voice-of-customer feedback on required/desired functionality for NAM customers.
All About You:
• Strong customer focus and relationship orientation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort with strategic problem-solving and analytics, with strong business acumen
• Strong influencing ability, with comfort interacting with all levels of partner management to advance sales discussions
• Results-driver, with flexible demeanor with willingness to advance multiple discussions and workstreams in parallel
• Experience in Product / Technical sales for a complex payments product or service
• Prior experience working with digital players and Fintech’s
• Familiarity with retail banking / bill pay processes a plus
• Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
• Purchase office location
• Travel required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-117574