MasterCard Director, Account Management in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management
Our North America sales organization is seeking to build a diverse, strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate based on customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
The Director, Account Management for U.S. Market Development is responsible for all things Mastercard within our managed merchant base, including owning the relevant customer P&L’s and driving strategic planning and solution selling, with an emphasis on Data & Services, Cyber & Intelligence and digital solutions through building and broadening our overall relationships at all levels of the company.
You will lead business development activities with a focus on select strategic merchants in the Retail vertical, including working with senior/C-level executives to build strong partnerships that support Mastercard's financial and strategic objectives.
• Provide superior strategic account management driven by robust planning – building a deep understanding of customer needs, defining creative solutions to meet those needs, and working effectively across internal functions to bring together the resources required to deliver enhanced value to the customer
• Identify and develop new business opportunities (with both existing and new customers) that provide the best potential for future business growth, and appreciable return on financial investments. Qualify opportunities before working with internal product experts & other stakeholders to then progress the sales process
• Support strategically significant organizational initiatives, including cross-selling of key Mastercard products, capabilities and solutions to deepen relationships
• Work with customers to build an in-depth understanding of their business and a point of view on how Mastercard solutions can address the needs of their business, leveraging internal stakeholders to efficiently move prospect through highly matrixed buy cycles
• Develop detailed business cases, including financial analysis/modeling, in support of merchant initiatives
• Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• Experience in the payments or technology business with exposure to retail issues or experience in the retail business with some responsibility for payments, co-brand and business development is desirable
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex, competitive sales efforts and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Dynamic, forward-thinking positive team player, adept at engaging and leveraging internal resources to achieve success and contribute to the wider team environment
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships with executives at all levels
• Sound business judgment with established strategic and conceptual thinking and planning skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170637