MasterCard Director, Account Management, Eating Places Vertical Lead in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management, Eating Places Vertical Lead
The Director, Account Management for U.S. Market Development (USMD) is responsible for all things Mastercard within our managed merchant base, owning the relevant customer P&L’s and driving strategic planning, solution selling with emphasis on Data & Services, Cyber & Intelligence and digital solutions through building and broadening our overall relationships at all levels of the company.
You will own the Eating Places vertical strategy, account management and business development activities for key accounts. Working with senior and C-level executives of targeted Mastercard customers to build strong partnerships that support Mastercard financial and strategic objectives. Proactively engage customers with historically strong relationships with Mastercard’s competitors in order to position Mastercard for future growth opportunities across a broad range of Mastercard products and solutions. Your performance will be measured on annual performance to target of Core Verticals GDV, territory services sales growth, territory digital engagement, territory cross sales of complimentary activities and other qualitative achievements.
• Execute and update the Eating Places vertical strategy across all aspects of the vertical
• Provide superior strategic account management driven by robust account planning – building a deep understanding of customer needs, defining creative solutions that can meet those customer needs, and working effectively across internal functions to bring together the resources required to deliver enhanced value to the customer
• Identify and develop new business opportunities that provide the best potential for future business growth, an appreciable return on financial investments. Carefully qualifying opportunities before working with internal product experts & other stakeholders to then progress the sales process
• Support strategically significant organizational initiatives, including cross-selling of key Mastercard products, capabilities and solutions to deepen relationships
• Ability to work customer organizations to build an in-depth understanding of their business & build a point of view on how Mastercard solutions can address the needs of their business, leveraging internal stakeholders (pre-sales, product, engineering, and client delivery) to efficiently move prospect through highly-matrixed buy cycles
• A curious, creative thinker with an agile mind, able to quickly understand new technologies & put them into context for a diverse group of customers & stakeholders within those customers
• Develop detailed business cases, including financial analysis/modeling, in support of merchant initiatives
• Ensure careful and appropriate utilization of Mastercard resources to support achievement of objectives
• An ability and willingness to contribute positively to the culture of the USMD Core Merchants team, to help us continually learn, share knowledge, challenge one another to find better solutions for our clients & generally be a great place to work
All About You:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent work experience applying sales leadership preferred.
• A dynamic, forward-thinking individual who will bring passion and commitment to the business
• Transparent and collaborative, able to ask great questions to build understanding, with a bias for action and a drive to achieve results
• High level of intellectual horsepower, with strong business acumen
• A positive team player, adept at engaging and leveraging internal resources to achieve success & contributing to the wider team environment
• Demonstrated leadership, the person should be someone who really owns their part of the business, takes initiative and is able to create opportunities for others, working as a true team player across the Mastercard and client business
• Results driven with demonstrated business development success and effective strategic account management skills.
• Must have a strong executive presence and be able to maintain a seat at the table with executives and decisions makers and handle high-level customer interactions
• Experience in the payments business with exposure to Eating Places/Restaurants/Food Service issues is desirable
• Experience (expertise a plus) in financial services, payments, fraud/risk or authentication business
• Experience in software / recurring revenue sales; interest in and applying technology to solve problems
• Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills and a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147502