MasterCard Counsel, NA Region in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Counsel, NA Region
Mastercard is seeking an attorney to be responsible for providing comprehensive, end-to-end, strategic legal counsel and support to the U.S. Region’s Marketing & Communications team and US Region’s Core Products team.
• Advise business management teams on the identification and analysis of legal and commercial risks related to various marketing issues and those related to the development of Mastercard’s core products – Debit, Credit and Prepaid Cards
• Structure, draft, and negotiate vendor and talent contracts, sports and entertainment sponsorship agreements as well as content and technology licensing agreements
• Review sweepstakes and contest rules, digital marketing, advertising and other promotion and advertising materials
• Assist with the creation of training materials for the business clients
• Works cross-functionally across issuer, core products, digital, merchant, data privacy, intellectual property and services business lines to provide holistic support to the region.
• Identifies needed process improvements and efficiencies; owns and executes solutions to support our transformation strategy and drives towards streamlining processes to increase ease of doing business
All About You:
• Experience working with complex legal transactions related to sponsorships and talent initiatives as well as digital marketing at a reputable law firm, or as an in-house counsel
• JD from an accredited law school; admitted to and in good standing with the NY bar.
• Highly confident, a thought leader and a problem solver to be able to tackle unfamiliar situations
• Keen business insight and strong communication skills to interact confidently and effectively with internal clients, Mastercard customers and LFI colleagues, including senior management and Mastercard executives
• Must be a team player and willing to take on a variety of responsibilities and roles that support the team, department and the company
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced team environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98204