MasterCard Counsel, Business Conduct Office in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Counsel, Business Conduct Office
The role of Counsel, Business Conduct Office (“BCO”), is to conduct internal investigations under the oversight of more senior attorneys; disposition conflicts of interest; collect, analyze, and present data related to those investigations and conflicts disclosures effectively, efficiently, and independently; handle certain monitoring and testing activities; and assist with other business as needed.
• Respond rapidly to incidents and inquiries as necessary, ensuring information collected and examined is appropriately handled to protect employees and the organization, under the direction and supervision of more senior attorneys
• Investigate less complex allegations of policy violations from start to finish, initially focusing on corporate security matters
• Support other investigations as needed, including gathering and analyzing documents, second-chairing witness interviews, and coordinating and harmonizing investigation information with other specialized investigative functions
• Consult with internal Law Department colleagues and external counsel in connection with investigations
• Design and deliver data analyses utilizing metrics, dashboards, and other accessible formats, selecting approaches that appropriately convey complex information in a user-friendly format
• Support the execution of the BCO’s monitoring and testing program
• Maintain the BCO team mailbox
• Conduct diligence for, thoughtfully analyze, and promptly disposition conflicts of interest
• Research and review laws and regulations relevant to investigations and BCO-managed policies (e.g., Whistleblower)
• Support the execution of the BCO’s communications plan and the preparation and distribution of related awareness messaging materials
• Track and maintain documents tied to live training conducted by the Ethics & Compliance team
• Assist in tracking metrics for recently acquired entities (Code of Conduct certification, Conflict of Interest Disclosures)
• Interact and maintain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Law, Employee Relations, People & Capability, Corporate Security, Finance, Regions, and Compliance Program Owners
All About You:
• Solid experience conducting investigations and due diligence in high-risk areas
• Licensed to practice law in New York
• Excellent judgment, critical thinking, and attention to detail
• Strong data analytic skills and turning data into knowledge and information
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to foster trusted relationships
• Experience multi-tasking, managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently, and managing and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
• Proven track record of integrity with demonstrated ability to manage large projects and prioritize appropriately
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other common Microsoft Office applications
• Familiarity with data management and analytics and tools (e.g., Domo, Tableau, Alteryx) is preferred
• A basic understanding of typical IT security toolsets/capabilities is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, emphasizing clear and concise drafting and careful proofreading
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-158029