MasterCard Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Law & Franchise Integrity team is responsible for legal affairs, public policy, corporate governance and compliance. In addition, the team is accountable for Mastercard’s franchise, corporate security and privacy functions. Director, Finance Business Partner serves as finance support working alongside the Law & Franchise Integrity teams, supporting and advising their strategic and operational decisions.
• Have you had any business planning experience?
• Have you developed financial models to support business strategies?
• Do you have a track record of success in a Finance team?
• Do you demonstrate strong thought leadership with the ability to present complex information to senior management?
• Supports financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes across the LFI organization
• Manages aspects of the month end financial close; generates financial analyses and communicates findings
• Maintains oversight over LFI expenses, understands variances versus budget and forecast and identifies risks and opportunities
• Proactively researches and resolves financial inquiries and issues
• Looks to automate and streamline FP&A processes
• Assists with ad-hoc reporting, special projects & inquiries as needed
All About You
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related discipline; knowledge and experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
• Experience with financial tools including Hyperion, Oracle, and Excel
• Highly analytical with the ability to model and perform predictive analytics, presents a point of view and challenges the views of others
• Experience identifying and implementing process improvement activities; makes recommendations to further improve procedures
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167133