MasterCard Accounting Manager in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager – MTS Accounting
We are looking for a person to:
• Help oversee the statutory financial reports that are delivered to various regulators within the Americas and UK.
• Support the development of processes and controls around the financial activities of the company.
• Ensure oversight of the data extracts used for accounting and supplemental reporting.
Requires a highly motivated team-player who works collaboratively across finance and operations and technology teams to accelerate the implementation of the abovementioned processes and controls.
Reports to MTS Controller.
Role is based in New York.
• To play an integral role by overseeing the external audits of the various entities in the Americas, including US, Canada, Mexico and UK to ensure that the financial statements are accurate and free of material misstatement and that the external audit reports are unqualified.
• Review any necessary adjustments to comply with statutory reporting requirements for the jurisdictions in which we are licensed.
• Be a leader in control aspects by reviewing and implementing processes that lead to a secure control environment.
• Support the GBSC with an emphasis on control and financial accuracy.
• Review of the current revenue generating entries from TFC: perform validation work to ensure that the currencies and legal entities that these are being booked to are accurate.
• Review of the TFC originated entries that are required to be posted in Oracle for the conversion of hard currencies received or paid out into contractually agreed currencies. Define and document this process.
• Monitoring the group month end close process and reporting consolidated results across all MTS entities.
• Management of the settlement bank reconciliation process and approval of journal entries.
• Posting of entries in Oracle related to revenue, consolidation entries and cash within posting threshold.
• Interaction with various stakeholders ie GBSC, external auditors, internal audit, Mastercard corporate / tax team and broader MTS finance team.
• Managing and leading a team from various locations which includes development and talent planning, coaching, performance reviews etc.
• Assist with ad hoc projects or analysis as required.
• Strive for excellence in all areas and drive continuous business process and systems improvements.
All About You:
• BS or BA in Business Administration/ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines with a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant designation or equivalent local designation.
• Proficiency with accounting and finance systems/software applications e.g. Excel, Hyperion, and Oracle.
• Strong knowledge of Internal Control concepts. Experience in Internal audit is a plus.
• Driven by a continual process improvement agenda, demonstrated through challenging and improving processes.
• Detailed orientated with strong analytical and financial skills supported by excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience operating in a diverse, multi-functional finance group across time zones is a plus.
• Must be able to integrate knowledge across various disciplines and work across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Independent worker and thinker with the ability to follow up on time sensitive issues, with the ability to drive others.
• A team player with the ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships across multiple levels and organizational boundaries.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-172137