MasterCard Risk Management Vice President in Purchase North, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Risk Management Vice President
As the Vice President of Send Risk Management, you will be responsible for partnering with the business to ensure business risks are continually identified, assessed, monitored, mitigated, and reported accurately to support the growth, performance and stability of the business. Activities within Risk Management range from, but are not limited to, regular RCSAs (Risk and Control Self Assessments) to prioritizing and overseeing the management and resolution of high-risk issues.
This role will report to Strategy Lead in Send and maintain a dotted line into the Product & Engineering Risk Management Function. Risk management touches every corner of the Mastercard SEND business, and as such the position represents a fantastic opportunity to develop knowledge of the wider business.
The Vice President of Risk Management will have a proven track record of managing and leading a Risk Management Function to support a growing and expanding business. The successful candidate will have an impressive track record of leadership and execution. More specifically, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Support the embedding of Mastercard Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk Framework
• Support the identification, assessment, monitoring, mitigation, per the Risk Appetite
• Assist with Risk trend identification & analysis (for both existing and future business)
• Provide subject matter expert advice to the business relating to Risk Management
• Act as a risk champion and source of professional risk expertise to the business on the Mastercard Risk Management Framework and Group Policies - embedding a positive, continuous risk and control culture across the business.
• Effectively partner with a wide variety of business stakeholders across Mastercard Send - delivering timely risk and control assessments (e.g. RCSAs), through teamwork and effective challenge, to accurately reflect the business' up-to-date risk landscape.
• Perform deep dive reviews with the business to identify the root cause of any operational risk errors, identify control failings, and agree suitable mitigation to mitigate future reoccurrence/losses.
• Analyse complex, sometimes ambiguous, information to produce timely and insightful analysis, recommendations, and advice to influence key decisions. Deliver both regular and ad-hoc risk and control reporting to various Risk Committees across Mastercard.
• Plan and execute agreed risk management projects, complete Organisational Design Impact Assessments, and support in wider stakeholder queries (e.g. Enterprise Risk Management, Audit, Regulators).
• Act as a representative within senior risk forums and committees.
• Support delivery of wider Mastercard Send activity and goals
• Deliver Operational Risk training workshops
All about you
• Track record of managing and leading a Risk Management to support a growing business
• Demonstrate successful oversight of the management and resolution of high-risk issues to ensure completeness and efficiency
• Good grasp of core risk and control concepts and Risk Management Frameworks, including experience in end-to-end risk identification, assessment, and mitigation.
• Able to clearly communicate and tailor risk and control requirements to deliver tangible value to senior stakeholders in the business.
• Proactive in building positive stakeholder relationships across a wide range of functions.
• Self-starter - eager to learn, deliver independently, and operate under own initiative to anticipate, manage, and resolve multiple priorities.
• Confident influencing a wide variety of stakeholders through constructive challenge.
• Role model in driving a collaborative culture both within own team and wider business, in line with the Mastercard way and values.
• Inquisitive mindset and attention to detail - natural drive to dig deeper and get to the core of an issue, rather than just accepting what might initially appear to be the case.
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally to implement best practice risk processes
• Experience delivering presentations and engaging with senior leadership
• Experience working regionally, creating risk strategies to optimize risk-related policies and ensure compliance
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131784