MasterCard Technical Lead SDM in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technical Lead SDM
Mastercard® Global Data Repository (GDR)—a leading technology repository that houses enhanced information (daily transactions from MasterCard issuers plus data from vendors such as airlines and hotels). GDR powers multiple Mastercard commercial products and provides enriched data to Mastercard SmartData generation2, a scalable, global, web-based solution of payment data and information management.
SmartData Manager (SDM), which is a web application, is GDR’s user interface for various set-up, configure and monitor process. SDM is used by bank’s administrator to manage their GDR process (like file delivery setup, inbound & outbound file status monitoring, transaction update, data matching configuration etc) for the bank and on-behalf of the bank’s clients. Also, being a global application SDM support multiple local language for various markets.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, and highly efficient co-located individuals. There are multiple teams as part of GDR, spread over (Pune) India and (St. Louis) USA.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, project managers and product owners. The team is cross-functional, and follows the agile SAFE methods to deliver the work
This is a Technical Lead role for the SDM application within the suite of Commercial products, based out of Pune, India. The lead is expected to drive and support the delivery of commercial solution in a fast-paced Agile environment.
This position is part of the SDM team which is being expanded to support the new feature delivery and help move the application from the current tech stack to a future ready architecture.
The team would be establishing new technology stack that utilizes Angular-JS, Java, spring, hibernate on a service-oriented architecture and to be hosted on Mastercard cloud. This would be done along with the support to the current application. The lead is expected to be dynamic having a sense of entrepreneurship with the ability to think and drive the change in a green field approach. Drive the technology direction of the application and help transition the application on to the new tech stack. The lead is also expected to be able to handle small team (3-4 members) and be responsible for the team members.
• Development, review & ownership of architecture & design artifacts
• Work with business owners to translate business requirements to industry-leading design, architecture and implementations.
• Support business with technical queries and impact analysis
• Set architectural direction by providing right balance between business and technical priorities
• Participate and drive the architectural decisions for the application
• Perform technical reviews and mentor junior developers in the team
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs
• Multitask and be able to work with project team distributed across geographies
• Provide technical expertise to resolve critical application issues during after office hours
• Participate & contribute in requirement kick off sessions & requirement workshops for direction and course correction w.r.t. application based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Pioneer knowledge documentation and develop a culture within the team to create repositories/knowledge capsules
• On the job training of new onboarding team members
• Be able to develop career path for team members and provide them appropriate feedback and guidance to help them scale up in their role.
All About You
• Dynamic, having a sense of entrepreneurship with the ability to think and drive the change in a green field approach.
• A record of successful delivery of large software applications as a Tech Lead role
• Demonstrated knowledge of Software Architecture and Design Principles, Patterns, Methodology, Domain Concepts (Architecture and Design Skills)
o Test driven development
• Strong experience with
o MVC framework like Spring and ORM framework like Hibernate
o Maven/Gradle, JIRA/Rally, Bamboo/Jenkins/Hudson, xUnit (httpUnit/nUnit/jUnit)
o Oracle database and SQL
o UI Technology like Angular JS
o Cloud hosting knowledge, knowledge of PCF will be preferred
• Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum preferably SAFe
• Experience working with multiple global customers
• A deep understanding of technical solution and software patterns (including architectural & design patterns) at various levels.
• Solid experience of working in project teams distributed across geographies
• Have hands-on experience of managing a small team (3-4 members) including career planning and year end evaluation.
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of PCI, PII and other financial security requirements will be preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150614