MasterCard Technical Architect - Java, Microservices & PCF (Desired) in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Technical Architect - Java, Microservices & PCF (Desired)
Develops and leads software engineering projects and creates the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the functional requirements and also follow coding best practices and non functional requirements.
• Highly Motivated Technical Leader to Champion Software Development Projects and that can deliver results.
• Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the required service levels.
• Successfully developed and lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs.
• Partner with project managers to lead day to day software development efforts.
• Assist in day to day software development efforts including programming.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Collaborate with business and technical partners
• Assist in the evaluation of 3rd parties and 3rd party products.
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices.
• Create and maintain technology roadmaps.
• Ensure adherence to established software development process.
• Effectively communicate to management, business owners, and other stake holders.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
•Good knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills.
•Experience with the following technologies:
o Configuration Management tools (e.g., Subversion, Git).
o Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, XSL)
o JUnits and mocking experience. JUnit Frameworks like JTest or Mockito is a plus.
• Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts.
• Solid experience with relational databases, including ability to write efficient SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Experience in Agile methodologies. SAFE Agile experience is a plus.
All About You
• IT experience in all phases of the development life cycle and in relationship building with business clients
• Experienced with working geographically distributed teams
• Knowledge of Java stack (core and advance) as well as ability to understand architecture and deployment topology.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-70003