MasterCard Sr. Database Engineer NOSQL(Redis) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Database Engineer NOSQL(Redis)
Job Description Summary :- Sr. Database Engineer Primary NOSQL(Redis) & Secondary (MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Mongo dB, Cassandra)
Provide Redis support as a core for MasterCard Applications. Guides and provides direction for MasterCard’s use of best practices and application database solutions. Provide support in any of NOSQL dBs or RDBMs as secondary skill.
• Requires very little supervision while identifying task associated with responsibilities.
• Leads in creating all departmental policies and best practices.
• Provides leadership by mentoring junior DBAs and by leading internal projects and initiatives.
• Provide DBA oversight and helps set direction for department strategy.
• Properly identifies tasks available for delegation and provides follow-up.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or around 8 years of equivalent experience.
Experience :- Overall 7+ years of experience and 5+ years relevant experience in Redis & 2+ year in NOSQL or RDBMS
• Advance knowledge of Redis.
• Relevant knowledge of MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Mongo dB, Cassandra.
• The NoSQL DBA will be responsible for deploying and maintaining NOSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications and groups of users.
• The DBA should have knowledge of some industry standard NoSQL databases such as (Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) Including creation and implementation of fully functional NoSQL database clusters, ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production NoSQL environments with experience in performance tuning.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing NoSQL database upgrades and migrations.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new NoSQL databases.
• Advance implementation knowledge of partitioning.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask.
• Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Understanding of logical and physical data models.
• Ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology skills like SQL server, Oracle, RAC, Postgres , NoSQL etc..
• Preferred candidate with Redis as Primary and NO-SQL as secondary Database Technologies Include (not limited to) : Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL server etc..
• Requires 4-6 years of related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of Redis and other Nosql DBs like Cassandra, MongoDb.
• Preferable to have experience on RDBMS like SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle(Anyone in the list)
• Install, deploy and manage Redis on physical and virtual machines.
• Need to have experience on Redis CRDB clusters.
• Create, configure and monitor large-scale, secure, Redis DB clusters.
• Support Redis DB in a high availability, multi-data centre environment.
• Configure and monitor Redis DB instances using Redis Admin tool.
• Experience on Redis database back and Restore process
• Knowledge on writing and executing Redis scripts
• Maintain database performance and capacity planning
• Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
• Prefer to have but not necessary- Load balancing with Redis and working with gateways and load balancer.
• Experience on Redis upgrades and patching activity.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the NOSQL platform.
• Proficient with the Linux operating system, specifically Oracle Linux Enterprise.
• Working knowledge of Data Modelling.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Bash, ksh, perl etc.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111380