MasterCard Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Cross Border Services team in Pune is looking for a Software Development Engineer II position to drive our Cross Border Network Development team forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. Our team is responsible for designing and developing new capabilities and frameworks on the Mastercard Cross Border Services Platform (XBS).
As a Software Development Engineer II, you will play a key role in the development and support of the company’s key applications used throughout world. This includes analysis, designing, developing, and testing the application whilst also managing technical support tasks. Responsible for the creation of a Software Product as per the definition in the Product backlog. This senior role also requires the candidate to have a sound understanding of enterprise application development standards and methodologies and demonstrated experience working with custom enterprise frameworks.
As a member of our geographically distributed development team your communication and analytical skills are essential to the role.
• Participate in requirements analysis
• Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Refactor and debug code.
• Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
• Expert on applications and provide technical support.
• Work closely with Solution Architect in designing applications.
• Write and verifies code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
• Development according to best practices as per industry standards.
• Post Implementation Support and production support.
• Work closely with Development team to ensure team attains continuous improvement
• Have the ability to provide constructive criticism in an inoffensive manner and be willing to help the team achieve the sprint goal.
• Ability to meet with clients as and when needed to discuss technical issues.
• Advanced (6 - 10 years’) experience in various software development/maintenance roles and proven experience working on .Net project under an Agile /Scrum methodology and extensively used
o ASP.NET 4.0 or higher.
o C#, ASP.Net MVC
o Angular JS 2.0 or higher
o WCF Services, Web API 2.0
o Dependency Injection and Web Service Technologies.
o Version control systems like GIT, TFS, SVN.
• Experience in doing peer reviews and code reviews.
• ORM tools like Entity Framework, Dapper
• Unit Testing Framework like NUnit and XUnit
• Exposure to Source control like GIT, TFS, SVN
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Experience in Open source technologies AngularJS, Karma etc is desirable
• Competence in SQL Server (2014 or later preferred). Advance PL/SQL, Stored Procedures etc. Good understanding of SSRS reports development.
• Experience with Payment systems would be advantage.
• Understanding of Enterprise Frameworks, Release procedures, understanding of development environments.
• Demonstrated ability in communicating with business users and assessing their needs.
• Demonstrated ability in providing solutions and working through the full development life cycle.
• Experience in progress reporting to management.
• Time Management Skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Ability to easily fit into a distributed development team.
• Customer service oriented.
• Enthusiastic/High initiative.
• Ability to manage timelines of multiple initiatives.
• Very good attention to detail and the ability to always follow up.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128723