MasterCard Software Engineer, Platforms- Data & Services in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer, Platforms- Data & Services
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer, Data & Services
As a Software Engineer in Data & Services, you will have the opportunity to build high performance analytics platform that advance how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from their data. Our next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server side calculation code to database work, and beyond. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work the best for that team members and projects. This position is based out of our Technology Hub in Pune, India, but will be working closely with our US teams based in Arlington, VA and New York City, NY.
Join a fast growing team
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Design and develop state of the art service oriented software architectures
• Create cutting-edge algorithms and analytical techniques that can handle on-the-fly processing across hundreds of dimensions
• Play a central role in developing a powerful suite of web applications, and drive valuable improvements to the capabilities of our product
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with increasingly large data sets
• Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications
• Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
• Continue building expertise in full stack development
• Apply your skills in computer science, math, and statistics to solve important problems faced by some of the world's largest organizations
• Innovate on code and database deployment methods for all applications developed by your team
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Proficiency with advanced object-oriented programming
• Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Passion for solving varied and complex real-world problems
• Initiative and creativity in approaching new challenges
• Ability to thrive on small, highly collaborative project teams
• Solid technical foundation with a degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong English written and communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-76114