MasterCard Software Engineer II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Business Rules Engineering & Strategy team is looking for a Software Engineer to drive forth our mission of building robust IBM ODM Rule solutions that provide transaction level decisioning, alerting and notifications. Business Rules embed intelligence into the transactional cycle by leveraging scoring models, cohesive rule strategies and behavioral data, and when combined with our agile rule development & deployment capabilities, results in a competitive advantage for all stakeholders, in the entire payment ecosystem.
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY, Quality Center, etc.
• Experience in all types of testing (Smoke/Sanity testing, System testing, Integration testing, regression testing, User Acceptance testing) with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Expertise testing across a variety of platforms: APIs (REST and SOAP), and Mainframe or Unix.
• Experience in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, and XML
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
• Exposure to Continuous integration, Delivery, and tools desirable.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.
• Knowledge & Experience in: Payment & card industry with Authorization (SMS/DMA/Clearing) is advantage.
• Test Execution which includes co-ordination with multiple teams and provide status regularly
• Have the ability to resolve functional issues raised by team members and provide solutions.
• Preparing KT documents and updating them in the Confluence page.
• Flexible to work with different time zones
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Have IBM Operational Decision Manager software experience
• Have current experience in delivering technical solutions and capabilities to meet business and product strategies, including a focused relationship with technical and business providers. Financial Services or Payments experience a plus.
• Direct experience with the development of custom software applications and services across a variety of technology selections and frameworks.
• Experience with software engineering concepts and methodologies, including agile lifecycles, testing automation, and behavior-driven development.
• Strong background in object-oriented architecture, design, and development. Direct Java experience preferred. Experience with multiple OO languages and SQL a plus.
• High-energy and detail-oriented, with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results; good at organizing and planning for several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
• Interested in building solutions that help recognize and prevent payment fraud?
• Strong sense of curiosity, analytical problem solving and is passionate about the customer experience journey
• Flexible work style with the ability to quickly pivot to new priorities
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182810