MasterCard Software Engineer II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II
The Enterprise Risk and Compliance team is looking for a Software Engineer to drive our internal partners experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the internal user experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Provide development activity for projects specific to Mastercard’s Governance, Risk and Compliance.
• Assist with all aspects of the software development life cycle. Responsible for gathering, understanding, and analysis of business requirements for new applications and modules.
• Design and develop applications by writing software code, systems to system interfaces, integrations and complete software solutions.
• Identify features or refinements that can improve an existing product and design.
• Responsible for testing, and quality assurance of the product to ensure that any new or modified components properly adhere to MasterCard’s standards. Create unit, functional and integration tests.
All About You
• Good working experience with RSA Archer 6.5 and above.
• Working knowledge of Advanced Workflows
• Able to explain technical problems clearly
• Be skilled at investigating and resolving potential problems/issues on their own
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with business owners and other cross functional teams across MasterCard.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140462