MasterCard Software Engineer II-2 (Java, J2EE, Springboot) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II-2 (Java, J2EE, Springboot)
We are in the process of developing cutting-edge solutions to deliver the Products. These cutting-edge solutions are built on the Digital Network Architecture, Cloud Native principles and in a Scaled Agile Framework.
• Full Stack Developer with adequate attention to design and code quality
• Drive design and development in Java 8 and above using Object Oriented SOLID principles and patterns towards creating reusable and scalable microservices leveraging technologies such as Spring Boot Framework, Event Driven Architecture etc.
• Develop in a CICD environment leveraging Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Leverage the appropriate persistence mechanisms such as RDBMS, No SQL etc based on needs
• Implement Coding Best Practices. Implement Code Quality gates as per the program norms.
• Perform various Proofs-of-concept depending on the business needs
• Coordinate with various groups to ensure success of the projects
• Exhibit teamwork aligned completely with the Agile environment
All About You:
• Passionate about technology with Full Stack Developer skills/talent
• In depth knowledge on product development
• Strong expertise in Java and Spring Boot. Experience working on Event Driven Architecture would be an advantage.
• Experience in Online / Real Time Systems development
• Experience in CI and CD
• Experience in PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and Digital Native Architecture is desirable
• Strong Communicator
• Quick grasping and learning abilities
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149654