MasterCard Software Engineer - C, Pro-C in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer - C, Pro-C
Job Description Summary
• Responsible for the design, development and testing of products as per business requirements defined for the product roadmap or localization.
• Understand & deliver the requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard Standards, specifications, processes and best practices
• Provide support of applications software through programming, analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions.
• Documentation of various artifacts as per the software engineering processes.
• Responsible for programming, unit testing, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks, perform production incident management. Participate in on-call pager support rotation.
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices. Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
• Experience implementing projects and systems using agile methodologies will be added advantage.
All About You:
• Proficient in C/Pro-C with 2-6 years of development experience.
• Thorough knowledge of SDLC process.
• Experience in agile methodology.
• Capability of building high quality, high performing payment processing solution.
• Thorough knowledge of configuration management, static code quality and CI/CD.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical/functional requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time.
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills, and organizational skills.
• High-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment person with high degree of initiative and self-motivation, willingness, and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Payment domain knowledge.
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant experience in field.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139302