MasterCard Software Engineer-2 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Mastercard Data Inventory group is driving the creation of next generation data governance and data management services. These are internally consumed capabilities that are foundational to Mastercard's governance service offerings globally. We provide a centralized set of capabilities to track sensitive data for all Mastercard products, allowing us to achieve a uniform view of data architectures and data flows across all our Products and Business platforms. Our services facilitate metadata exchanges between governance and privacy management applications and are expanding to handle new regulatory requirements.
The Data Inventory team in Pune is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive expansion of our governance services forward through innovation and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. As a group, we have a SAFE-Agile focus on delivering the right solutions to internal and external customers with the highest quality in the shortest lead times.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Assist in the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver.
• Develop API integrations with product platforms used for data governance, taxonomy, and ontology curation
• Make improvements to performance, standard data exchange formats, and application file handling
• Develop API methods to retrieve and store critical inputs from other platforms, including data transformations needed for platform transfers
• Think creatively to design methods for system to system data transfers
• Evolve agile deployment methods including CI/CD pipelines, stability testing, and performance monitoring
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
All About You:
• 3+ years java development experience
• 3+ years in critical design analysis, translation of business needs into software requirements, and developing best practices for API design
• Preferred experience working with Ontology or Taxonomy management tooling such as TopBraid/Alation, and exposure to data catalogs such as Informatica or Collibra.
• Expertise in developing multi-tier enterprise applications
• Expertise with Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Tomcat.
• Deep expertise in using java for data engineering and data processing.
• Skilled in working with both SQL and NoSQL persistence technologies, e.g. MongoDB, Redis.
• Expertise working with cloud hosting technologies such as PCF, Azure.
• Command of CI/CD principles and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Chef.
• Experience developing against multiple backend architectures including HDFS, Postgres, Oracle, SQLserver, MySQL, MongoDB, and Amazon S3
• Prioritize and advise actions of development teams in building and delivering according to roadmap.
• Actively troubleshoot obstacles and contribute code for team projects
• Develop standard processes for development and deployment to bring DEVOPS disciplines into team
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170028