MasterCard Software Development Engineering II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineering II
• Performance Engineering team within “Mastercard – Processing” business function is about being obsessed with scalability and response times to exceed customer expectations
• Lead payment systems scalability, capacity planning and modelling efforts
• Setup monitoring metrics include latency for all operations, traffic volume, latency, error rates, and resource utilization rates
• Setup derivation of near real time statistics from monitoring
• Develop vision, understanding and inclination for scalable architecture and performance patterns, metrics and statistics
• Obsessed about removing application performance limitations and bottlenecks
• This position will be part of Performance Engineering team within processing business in Mastercard and is responsible for ensuring that performance (end-to-end response times, throughput, transactions per second, capacity, etc.) of applications meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Are you an aspiring professional who is passionate about innovative technology – specifically obsessed about customer experience, performance engineering, performance profiling, web/mobile and database performance real-time monitoring and tools - and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you code efficiently to simulate user behavior and target TPS goals?
• Do you know how to create performance dashboard comparing and contrasting end-user performance results, and highlight performance/capacity blockers?
• Do you have a motivation to drive automated performance measurement, monitoring and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you interpret system diagrams?
• Are you familiar/proficient with containers, cloud, virtualization, and configuration management?
• Are you familiar with latest API development frameworks and trends?
• Have you worked on load balanced distributed systems?
• The applicant should have hands on experience on coding, strong debugging skills, he/she should have the expertise to dig into the parameters of the code or database when required to debug performance issue.
• Document and implement performance engineering strategy covering environment, schedule, simulations of workload to certify performance SLAs.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review, design and architecture reviews to feed into performance testing activities of assigned Mastercard developed systems.
• Partner with operations and developers to develop real-time performance dashboards and provide periodic updates on application performance.
• Implement application performance related proof of concepts and tools evaluation and selection – specifically in the area of emerging technologies (Web, Mobile).
• Document problems, monitor resolutions and retain documentation necessary to share knowledge with performance engineering and application teams.
• Adhere to and enforce consistent company, department, and program standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand performance objectives and implement defined plan and strategy
• The applicant should have strong hands on experience on coding, code design, strong debugging skills, he/she should have the expertise to dig into the parameters of the code or database when required to debug performance issue
• Prior experience in installing, configuring and using performance engineering tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter, and performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk.
• Experience in Web/Mobile Application and Web Services (SOAP and REST APIs) scripting and performance engineering.
• Ability to monitor and tune Java virtual machine and app servers; articulate JVM GC process and its logs; ability to collect performance metrics.
• Experience in building right performance environment data sets and use of data virtualization tools where required.
• Experience of agile and tools such as ALM.
• Performance tuning experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc) desirable.
• Self-motivated individual that finds and delivers solutions with ability to continuously learn new applications and technologies.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128099