MasterCard Software Development Engineer - Oracle PL/SQL & CI/CD in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer - Oracle PL/SQL & CI/CD
• You’ll be part of Mastercard – Local Processing Solution Program, which provides Issuing & Acquiring solutions to its customers – Banks or FinTech in processing world.
• As system team member, you will be a part of the team who will work closely with the multiple scrum teams. Using your Dev-Ops process approach, you will help the team work productively and with speed, ensuring the team can work effectively with continuous integration and continuous deployment of their code with standard release management process.
• Understand the existing process and accordingly create DDL and DML deployment approach, build and document plan. Also, able to import and export the database dump and restore it as per the requirement.
• Able to provide the database deployment support across the environments and ensure that all the deployments are properly happened.
• Able to create documentation and represent the approach to other stakeholders.
• Has skills to prepare release deployment plan & execute as per the requirement & incremental releases of database deployment & Rollback.
• Has expertise in defining deployment sequence by knowing the objects dependency and effectively troubleshoot deployment issues for various environments.
• Has skills to configure rules and build DB automation for sonar scanning and quality gate using standard tools (e.g. Sonar and DB unit).
• Must have good understanding about Oracle11g, 12c & 19c features, table partition, Unix & working knowledge on tools like Putty.
• Must be able to provide deployment support across the environments and ensure that all the deployments are correctly completed.
• Able to create documentation for each process and re-present the deployment approach to other stakeholders.
• Has skills to identify the code check-in (GIT) related issues and highlight it to different scrum teams.
• Has skills to work on Virtual servers used for Demo environments for database set up and deployment related stuff.
• Has skills to orchestrate release workflows & pipelines and apply standardised pipelines to achieve CI & CD using standard orchestration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Pipelines, XL Release & others).
• Has skills to understand various environments & undertake deployment automation using industry-standard tooling (e.g. jenkins).
• Own complex problems having dependency across services and facilitate cross-functional team interactions to drive resolution.
• Good to have basic knowledge of database administration in terms from deployment perspective like Golden gate or Data guard replications, data dump export and import, & tables space knowledge.
Mandatory Skills: WORKING KNOWLEDGE ON FOLLOWING IS MUST
• In depth understating about GIT, Tagging, Branching, Forking, Comparing code versions, Merging - de-merging
• In depth understanding about modern Dev-Ops concepts, Continuous Integration (CI) - Continuous Delivery (CD) concepts & working experience
• Prior working experience in developing Oracle 11 G, Oracle 12 C- PL/SQL, Linux shell scripting
• In depth understanding about build pipelines and various code quality checks like DB Unit, Sonar Scan, Checkmark Scanning methods and troubleshooting
• Collaborative and flexible
[All About You]
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Prior software engineering work experience required.
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong collaborative skills
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Multi-tiered Web application deployment knowhow
• Desired to have Payment domain knowledge.
• Good to have Jenkins & XL Release knowledge
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141222