MasterCard Software Development Engineer in Test, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer in Test, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Prepaid Management Services, a division of mastercard that concentrates on Prepaid Solutions such as our Multi-Currency Cash Passport product is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. Traditionally focused on the Travel sector this business unit is driving forward Prepaid throughout the world with innovative and leading solutions that we integrate with Global brands. This role is within the Global Technology Services (GTS) team which is part of the wider mastercard Operations & Technologies group. We provide high quality evolutionary and operational capabilities to support the mastercard Prepaid Management Services business.
• The Agile Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• A hands-on software Engineer in Test is a role within multi-disciplined agile teams, responsible to work effectively and closely with Software developers and Managers to smoothen and improve the quality of the final market product in Prepaid Management Services.
• The Agile Team ensures all development work and quality testing adheres to design and development standards, guidelines and roadmap defined by the Prepaid Management Services Leadership and Quality Assurance (QA) teams.
• Takes active participation in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospections.
. Analyze user requirements, design documents and other documentation to develop detailed test cases.
. Provides inputs on high level test scenarios, challenges, risks (if any) and test estimates during planning meetings.
. Tests the overall system using appropriate testing techniques and instruments.
. Ensures test requirements match test objectives and able to find defects in current system. Compares actual result with the ones outlined in test case and logs defects if any mismatch with accurate logging of test execution report in defect tracking tool (ALM)
. Develops and builds test scripts to run automated tests and test suites. Identifies and updates existing test automation packs.
. Execute functional and regression test cases, reports and document any issues, test results and test summaries in precise manner.
. Perform and write SQL queries to analyze and manipulate data.
• Participates in peer test and test pack reviews.
All About You
. Must have hands-on experience in API testing i.e SOAP & REST based with good understanding of Java based APIs.
. Must have hands-on in API based testing tools like SOAP UI/READY API/Postman and build automation test packs.
. Should be willing to perform the role of both manual and automation tester.
• Has basic knowledge of Java and Oracle database queries.
• Has good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Software development.
. Good analytical and decision making skills.
. Able to work as individual contributor and also in a team as and when required meeting deadlines.
. Good communication and team work skills to interact with project team members, technical operation teams and other relevant stakeholders.
. Good to have Cross-browser testing experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138974