MasterCard Software Development Engineer in Test - II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer in Test - II
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Mastercard’s Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We are currently looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test for Business Intelligence platforms within the Data & Services group. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and testing, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an ability to independently work and delivery results.
• Participate in requirements discussion, test planning, test data creation and execution of testing Plan in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks.
• Document as per Software Development Best Practices. Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Own responsibility for defect management and oversight and escalation of issues discovered during the testing phase
• Develop business and product knowledge over time.
• Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and time-to-market
• Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Technical skills in Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Soap UI, Spring framework, REST, JSON, Eclipse, GIT.
• Excellent SQL skills to work on large and complex data sources and capability of comprehending and writing complex queries.
• Experience testing APIs (REST and SOAP), web user interface, and/or reports.
• Experience in implementing CI/CD build pipelines with tools like Git/Bit Bucket, Jenkins and Maven
• Experience working in Agile teams and conversant with Agile/SAFe tenets and ceremonies. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively interact with multiple technical teams and other stakeholders.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive, with ability to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128491