MasterCard Software Development Engineer in Test II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer in Test II
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• The Mastercard Digital Network Services team is involved in developing cutting-edge solutions to deliver the Next Generation of Core Payment Products for Mastercard. These cutting-edge solutions are built on the Digital Network Architecture, Cloud Native principles and in a Scaled Agile Framework.
• Represent Mastercard operations & technology interests within region.
• Viewed as the subject matter expert in your field of expertise.
• Ability to work in a “start-up” environment.
• Closely liaison with key stakeholders and potential 3rd party resources.
• Have you ever brought a product to market in an emerging market?
• Have you worked in a “start-up” environment from design-build-operate?
• What experiences do you have working in a highly regulated environment?
• Play a crucial part in helping drive Quality to help build and ship better products.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Assist the project team in identifying and monitoring project testing risks and issues.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using ALM or other solution life cycle management tools.
• Develop test plans/cases and perform testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase.
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
All About You
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or a minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent work experience with hands on technical testing and quality engineering skills. (Must)
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: Microservices, Event Driven Applications, and Databases (Must)
• Experienced in different protocols testing (SSH File Transfer Protocol/Secure File Transfer protocol (SFTP)/Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTPs)/Remote Procedure Call (RPC).etc) and familiar with CI/CD pipeline (Must)
• Working knowledge of payment simulation tools such as t3/similar one and ISO payment protocols (8583) & (20022) (Must)
• Expertise of Agile testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY (ALM), Postman, etc. (Must)
• Experience in Integration testing needs with exposure to data tools. (Must)
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution. (Must)
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills. (Must)
• Ability to be flexible, accountable, reliable, and industrious. (Must)
• Ability to manage multiple priority efforts in parallel and ensure Quality Assurance standards are followed. (Must)
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment. (Must)
• Application Automation experience using Java (Must)
• Previous experience in software development desired to create good acceptance and integration test criteria. (Preferred)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137873