MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team –one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
If you’re tired of the status quo and want to join an innovative team that is securing digital payments, keep reading because we would love to meet you. Do you enjoy writing code that has a global impact? We have a position open in the MasterCard's Fraud and Loss Database (FLD) Service which is part of the Dispute Program. It is a set of secure services supporting the storage and management of confirmed fraudulent transactions and to build a repository for analytics and pattern for both internal and external customers.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day -own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive –with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Software Development Engineer-II at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Provide Design and Development Support
• Understand application layering
• Document detailed designs with class and sequence diagrams
• Work closely with Enterprise Architecture team, BA and/or customer and come up with low level design
• Develop/extend critical/framework components whenever required and create proof of concepts for new/unknown requirements/technologies
• Conduct code reviews and take the responsibility for overall code quality, coach and mentor team members
• Prepare and review Design Documentation, Perform SCM operations – branching, merging, tagging, conflict resolution
• Study upcoming tools and technologies and use them to improve existing solutions and processes.
• Technically coach team members to ensure optimal quality, performance and security parameters.
All about you :
- Hands on experience and expert on working with core Java, Spring (MVC, IOC, AOP), Hibernate, JSP, JPA, application servers (JBoss, WebLogic), SQL & RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle and/or Postgres), Web-services (JSON and SOAP) & XML
• Hands on experience of using Eclipse/My Eclipse IDE, UML tools, MS Word and PowerPoint
• Hands on experience of writing JUnit test cases, working with Maven/Ant, GIT
• Knowledge of Design Patterns and experience in applying them to solve design problems.
• Knowledge of Security concepts (E.g. authentication, authorization, confidentiality etc.) and protocols and experience in their usage in enterprise application
• Experience with modern software development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, etc.)
• Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design
• Familiar with architectural concepts such as SOA, Enterprise Service Bus and SSO
• Expert in Java, Object Oriented Programming concepts.
• Familiar with Angular.js
• Additional/Desirable capabilities
Ability to multi-task and lead multiple design initiatives simultaneously
Ability to white-board solutions during discussions, and develop flow charts and simple wireframes to prove a concept (Visio, PPT, DOC)
• Experience with Hibernate, Web Services (top-down wsdl-first approach)
Ability to contribute learnings into process enhancements for the future.
Hands on experience of working with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, Sonar
Hands on experience of technologies like JSF, JSTL, AJAX, JQuery, WS-Security, Spring Security, Log4j
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132905