MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering)
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Enterprise Data Solution (EDS) is focused on enabling insights into Mastercard network and help build data-driven products by curating and preparing data in a secure and reliable manner. Moving to a “Unified and Fault-Tolerant Architecture for Data Ingestion and Processing” is critical to achieving this mission.
As a Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering) in Enterprise Data Solution (EDS), you will have the opportunity to build high performance data pipelines to load into Mastercard Data Warehouse. Our Data Warehouse provides analytical capabilities to number of business users who help different customers provide answer to their business problems through data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
• Participant medium-to-large size data engineering projects
• Discover, ingest, and incorporate new sources of real-time, streaming, batch, and API-based data into our platform to enhance the insights we get from running tests and expand the ways and properties on which we can test
• Assist business in utilizing data-driven insights to drive growth and transformation.
• Build and maintain data processing workflows feeding Mastercard analytics domains.
• Facilitate reliable integrations with internal systems and third-party API's as needed.
• Support data analysts as needed, advising on data definitions and helping them derive meaning from complex datasets.
• Work with cross functional agile teams to drive projects through full development cycle.
• Help the team improve with the usage of data engineering best practices.
• Collaborate with other data engineering teams to improve the data engineering ecosystem and talent within Mastercard.
All About You
• At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service based organization
• Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
• Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
• Additional experience of building data pipelines through Spark with Scala/Python/Java on Hadoop is preferred
• Experience of working on Nifi will be an added advantage
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
• Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169033