MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
• Digital Marketing & Loyalty group is building a Digital Experience Platform that will define Mastercard’s strategy and roadmap for building sites and apps across multiple channels like web, mobile, IoT etc. Mastercard is looking for strong technical professional to be part of this exciting journey
• We focus on delivering digital solutions across different digital channels (web, social media, mobile.)
• This position is responsible for providing senior application development and design support within Digital Consumer Solutions. Specifically, this person will provide exceptional application development to all digital projects.
• This is a career opportunity to be a senior application engineer providing global digital solutions for one of the most well-known brands in the world. Passion, rigour, and drive are required.
Role & Skills
Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest NodeJS based Front End Technologies like Stencil, Angular, React or Vue
Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis.
Develop application code and unit test in the Angular, Rest Web Services, Spring Boot and Java technologies
Ensure high performance applications which are secure and scalable
Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, JS and writing cross-browser compatible code.
Experience with RESTful services
Responsible for leading design & development of micro-services built using Sprint-boot on Cloud.
Integrate content feeds via API, JSON, XML, and RSS from both internal and external sources.
Hands-on design & development experience on Cloud. Exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry will be an added advantage.
Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. JUnit, Jest, Jasmine)
Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
Document application components for support and training materials for MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
Need to have strong knowledge in one or more of the technology skills above and exposure to the other skills enough to learn on the job and scale to pick up responsibility of a full stack developer.
All About You
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – with strong relationship building, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a matrix-based, diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-117657