MasterCard Software Development Engineer - II in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer - II
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Mastercard’s Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We are currently seeking a Software Development Engineer-II for Business Intelligence platforms within the Data & Services group. You will own end-to-end delivery of engineering projects for some of our analytics and BI solutions that leverage Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytics techniques, to help businesses around the world solve multi-million dollar business problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work as a member of an agile team to design, build, test, and deploy new products and features. Produce high quality code while employing Mastercard accepted Development & Testing principles, best practices, and tooling.
• Independently apply problem solving skills to identify symptoms and root causes of issues. Make effective and efficient decisions even when data is ambiguous.
• Provide technical guidance, support and mentoring to more junior team members. Make active contributions to architectural decisions and make technology recommendations that balance business needs and technical requirements.
• Proactively understand stakeholder needs, goals, expectations and viewpoints, to deliver results. Ensure design thinking accounts for long term maintainability of code.
• Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount. Stay up to date with latest technologies and technical advancements through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause & issue remediation.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience, with a proven track-record of successfully delivering on complex technical assignments.
• Excellent SQL skills, with experience working with large and complex data sources and capability of comprehending and writing complex queries.
• Experience working in Agile teams and conversant with Agile/SAFe tenets and ceremonies. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively interact with multiple technical teams and other stakeholders.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive, with ability to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-130246