MasterCard Software Development Engineer II - Internal Cloud, Architecture and Technology in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II - Internal Cloud, Architecture and Technology
Infrastructure and Automation Services (IAS) is a team of software engineers responsible for designing and implementing automation services across Mastercard’s distributed infrastructure. The IAS team is looking for a Software Development Engineer II to drive our Windows automation strategy forward, by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Windows automation journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Solid understanding of Windows Server and can perform troubleshooting and analysis
• Using scripting languages and automation tools such as Chef, vRO, Ruby, inspec, GoLang, Powershell and Jenkins
• Work with internal groups and team members to develop, provision, and troubleshoot various components of a windows server buildout
• Help define requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Work closely with tech leads on assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
• Be an integral part of our agile team by joining daily standups, discoveries, elaboration sessions, and code reviews.
All About You:
• Strong understanding of Windows operating systems
• Proficient in in the creation and modification of Chef cookbooks
• Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Products (Windows server, Active Directory, SCOM, SCCM, SMA, Microsoft ATP Defender, etc)
• Competency using industry standard automation/scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Groovy, Powershell, Java Script, GoLang)
• Experience with VMware vSphere at an enterprise level (vCenter, vRA, vRO, vROPS, etc)
• Ability to solve complex problems both independently and in a team setting
• Work in an agile, global team with minimal supervision
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128263